Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
MobileRead Development Hub launched!

We're pleased to announce our latest feature: the MobileRead Development Hub.

Every passionate developer and e-book aficionado invited to use the Hub for hosting his or her own open-source projects related to e-books and e-book devices. For every project you get the following features:
  • A trac workspace with membership control (for browsing sources, adding timelines, handling bug tickets, etc.)
  • A subversion repository (SVN) for version control (with customizable read/write authorization)
  • FTP access for uploading distribution binaries
  • Seamless daily off-site backups to protect your work

Over the past twelve months we've experienced a growing, vibrant developer community, which started predominately for the iRex iLiad and the Sony Reader. We hope that the addition of the Hub will help you guys to create even more wonderful tools and applications to extend the built-in capabilities of our beloved e-readers.

Feedback is appreciated.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760

Glad you got it all together Alex! This is great. Very useful for developers to organize and keep track of projects. I definitely reccomend everyone doing porting work to take advantage of this.

Great work!
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post

Glad you got it all together Alex! This is great. Very useful for developers to organize and keep track of projects. I definitely reccomend everyone doing porting work to take advantage of this.

Great work!
And for anyone that wants to download a program being developed on the site. There should be a permanent link to get to this site on the page somewhere.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Er, will be awesome once user-registration doesn't 404. :-)

Last edited by llasram; 03-12-2008 at 03:13 PM.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505

good idea
everything
centralised
mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@llasram: This is what you get when I do last-minute changes &%$! Thanks for the pointer - it's fixed!

@Adam B.: It wouldn't have been as much fun without your input and hard debugging work.

@DaleDe: Agreed 100%. We'll add the link.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It would be convenient to use the mobileread.com credentials while logging in.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

kovid, this has been brought up while we were beta testing the platform. There are two reasons why this doesn't seem to work for our purposes:

- The Hub is installed isolated on another server. We'd like to add security by not giving it access to the main MobileRead server in case one of the services (SVN, Trac, etc.) gets broken into.

- All services (Trac, SVN, FTP) on the Hub use the same credentials you use to register there. It'd be very difficult to make all of these services work for authentication with the MobileRead database.

Since I am also one of those who despise user registrations, I tried to make the registration process on the Hub as easy as possible. All you have to do is go to the register form and enter your username and password once. After that you can login to any installed project trac, your SVN(s) and FTP(s).
Old 03-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah ok. You might want to look into support openid.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
In all his copious spare time, of course -- a topic you know quite a bit about, yourself, I expect.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Ah, a trac I can use that I do not have to support myself. I registered mobiperl. But I cannot edit the trac page. It says: WIKI_MODIFY privileges are required to perform this operation.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Tommy, did you login?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
In all his copious spare time, of course -- a topic you know quite a bit about, yourself, I expect.
Hey he said he didn't like registration, I was pointing him toward something that helps him get rid of the need for site-specific registration. Purely out of the goodness of my heart, since I don't plan on using the mobileread dev hub (I think it's a great idea, it's just that I have my own trac server :-)
Old 03-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Excellent suggestion. It's already on the to-do-list (though not on top yet)
Old 03-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Tommy, did you login?
Well, I thought I was logged in on the page I launched it from. I did open in new tab. But I see now that I was not logged in to the page I arrived at so when I logged in there it seems to work.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, subversion, svn, trac, wiki