Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
The Losing Role | WWII Espionage Noir Thriller

Hi fellow writers and readers,

Into historical espionage fiction? My WWII noir thriller The Losing Role is now out for Kindle, iPad and more and on Smashwords in multiple formats.

Late in 1944 a failed German actor, Max Kaspar, is forced to join a desperate secret mission in which he must impersonate an enemy American officer. So Max cooks up his own fanatical plan — he'll use his false identity to escape tyranny and war and flee to the America he'd once abandoned.

Part commando thriller, part expatriate noir and the first in a series, The Losing Role is based on an actual German false flag operation that's been made infamous in legend but in reality was a doomed farce. In all the tragic details and with some dark humor, this is the story of an aspiring talent who got in over his head and tried to break free.

It's also available on Scribd. Thanks. I hope you'll check it out.

Happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 05-28-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 04-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #2
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Losing Role | $.99 Kindle, FREE Smashwords till May 31

Hi all,

Just wanted to note that The Losing Role is now out on the iPad iBookstore. Great, right? I think so.

The only problem is, Apple doesn't have a way to link to the iBookstore yet. Hopefully that will come soon as the iBookstore is expected for iPhones, iPod Touches and more. Also, keyword metadata for searching the iBookstore (in my book's case "espionage," "WWII", "thriller", etc) is basically non-existent.

The Losing Role is finding readers on the Amazon Kindle store only because of those keywords, I'm guessing, because I'm not a big-name writer.

Change is good but let's hope it keeps changing for the better -- for authors but especially for readers who want to browse.

Just checking in with that observation. I haven't been here awhile as I've had my head down finishing up multiple projects.

Happy reading,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Anderson; 05-15-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: fixed typo; updated price
Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Steve Anderson
Addict

The Losing Role | $.99 Kindle, FREE Smashwords till May 31

Until May 31st, The Losing Role is $.99 for Kindle and FREE on Smashwords w/ code CJ27G.

Thanks! I hope you'll give it a look.

Happy reading,
Steve
Old 05-11-2010, 03:53 PM   #4
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I love historical fiction, especially WWII! Going to Smashwords now...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Steve Anderson
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I love historical fiction, especially WWII! Going to Smashwords now...
Great! Thanks banjobama.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder that there's less than four days left to get The Losing Role for 99 cents on Kindle and FREE on Smashwords (coupon code CJ27G). Offer expires May 31.

After which it will probably creep back up to normal (though still cheap) indie ebook prices. This hustling stuff is wearing me out ; )

Thanks!
Steve
Old 06-02-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
Steve Anderson
Addict

I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all you readers who took me up on my May promo for Kindle and Smashwords.

You helped push The Losing Role into Smashwords' Top 10 Fiction Bestsellers.

You really made my May! I appreciate it and hope you enjoyed the read.

Steve
Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #8
Steve Anderson
Addict

Hi all,

The New Podler Review of Books reviewed The Losing Role this week. Reviewer David Drazul calls the novel "an excellent WWII espionage thriller that transcends the genre, making it a story that you don't have to be a history buff to enjoy."

http://thenewpodlerreviews.blogspot....-anderson.html

I hope you'll give it a look.

Thanks and happy reading,
Steve
Old 07-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thread closed. Please go here for information about this book.
Closed Thread

Tags
espionage, fiction, historical, thriller, wwii