Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
jonalbert
jonalbert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
making a specialized search for Kindle

Hi,
I produce menu translators that I sell on Amazon and elsewhere under the name of Passeport Gastronomique. They are alphabetical listings of food and menu items in their native language followed by an English definition. The listing is in boldface, the definitions in italic. I produce them in InDesign and finish in Sigil and Calibre.
I just purchased a Kindle 3 and notice that when doing a search all listings of a word are shown. It would be better in this instance to only show the Bold listing, not any mentions of the word in the definitions.
I wonder if anyone knows how to do this. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks
jon
jonalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Sounds like you might want to considering doing them in Mobi dictionary format, which allows for index listings and such and will let people set your book as a dictionary which will pop up the special definitions when they're reading say, a travel guide.

I don't have any experience with making dictionaries, so someone else will have to help you there, but here's some more info at the Mobipocket developer documentation.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert