Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
New Hanlin user, and a little problem

Hi.

I've just bought a Hanlin V3. The reader is great, and the Eink technology is amazing.

I have a problem though. I have a couple of .fb2 that don't open. One of them is 4 MB and the other is 2.5 Mb. They open correctly in my computer, but the Hanlin tries to read them for a minute, and then it stays in the bookshelf. I have other smaller .fb2 files that open correctly, but they take more time to open than a pdf, or a .prc file.

I have installed the live version of Openinkpot and both files load fast and display correctly, so I think it's the original Jinke firmware. I'm running the current version.

Does anybody have the same problem?.
javimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by javimm View Post
Hi.

I've just bought a Hanlin V3. The reader is great, and the Eink technology is amazing.

I have a problem though. I have a couple of .fb2 that don't open. One of them is 4 MB and the other is 2.5 Mb. They open correctly in my computer, but the Hanlin tries to read them for a minute, and then it stays in the bookshelf. I have other smaller .fb2 files that open correctly, but they take more time to open than a pdf, or a .prc file.

I have installed the live version of Openinkpot and both files load fast and display correctly, so I think it's the original Jinke firmware. I'm running the current version.

Does anybody have the same problem?.
Hi:

Do you mind send me your fb2 file and I try for you on my Hanlin V3. I am V3 agent from Malaysia and wish to know your problem and hope to solve and share with everyone here.

Hong
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2008, 01:57 AM   #3
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User

Hi:

I have tried a fb2 ebook, Star War, with 756 kb. It takes about 10~15 sec to load the file. It reads perfectly on Hanlin V3. One more plus points, it can support 1 ~ 5 times zoom, which override Hanlin zoom in mode.

Cheers

Hong
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
javimm
Connoisseur

Thanks for the answer.

I've send you an email. I've found one of the files online from the page I bought the V3 from. Could you please PM me you email address for sending the file?. I don't know if the file that is on that page is the same that I have but it seems to be, as they are the same size and name.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
I've found one of the files online from the page I bought the V3 from.
Javimm, if the file is public domain, could you post the URL to that file online? Some of the other Mobileread users could download it and try it out on their Hanlin/BeBook/Lbook and let you know if they can open it.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
javimm
Connoisseur

One of them is public domain, but you have to register as a user (free register and free download) to be able to download books. I don't have a hosting system so I can't help hosting the file for others to download.

The page is in spanish. If you read spanish, it's a good place to get free books. This is the company that sells the Paypre.

www.grammata.es

Register, and then in the Main page (Inicio), look to the right, just down the form "Buscador", that stands for "Search". Type "biblia" (spanish for "bible"). The file can be downloaded in PDF or FB2. Download the fb2 and try it.The book is the Jerusalem Bible.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I'm not sure what your problem is in regards to not opening the books at all, but for the time it takes to open, that's probably due to fb2 calculating correct page numbers. Once the book is open though, just hit the power button with a short tap and it'll go into "locked" mode rather than fully powering down.

That way you'll be instantly back into your book on the correct page next time you want to read.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 09:32 AM   #8
javimm
Connoisseur

JoeD, the problem is that the book doesn't open at all. The waiting clock appears, but after some time the screen flashes and it stays in the bookshelf. It doesn't even show the title. I'll have to try the version from the grammata page, as the one that I have came with the SD card shipped with the Hanlin, and I don't know if it's the same as the one in the grammata page. I'll give it a try when I arrive home and report back.

I've sent the original file and the other fb2 file that give me problems to member hpkeong. He'll try to open the original files and tell me how it went.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #9
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User

Quote:
Thanks for the answer.

I've send you an email. I've found one of the files online from the page I bought the V3 from. Could you please PM me you email address for sending the file?. I don't know if the file that is on that page is the same that I have but it seems to be, as they are the same size and name.
Hi

Please send your file to hpkeong@streamyx.com so that I can retrieve and try it out for you.

Cheers
Old 11-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
javimm
Connoisseur

Hi again, hpkeong.

I did send you the files last sunday. They haven't got to you, it seems. I'm sending them again via my hotmail address this time. Hope they get to you. The two files are 7 MBytes total. Do you have any restriction on message size?

Thanks,
Javier.

Last edited by javimm; 11-21-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #11
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Javimm, I downloaded the FB2 Bible from the site you provided and I was able to open it properly. It took about 20-30 seconds to open the file and page turns were slower than usual (about 5-10 seconds, compared to 1 second with other files). However, I was using the newest Jinke firmware, which was released yesterday (November 21, 2008). Have you tried flashing it yet?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #12
javimm
Connoisseur

Well, it doesn't open with the newest firm either. I'll download the file from the page to see if my file is corrupt.

I don't know what could cause this behaviour.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #13
javimm
Connoisseur

The Bible on the Grammata page is not complete. It has half the size of the one I have in the memory card.

If someone more want to try if these two files work for them, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email them to you.

Thanks.