Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #736
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
I have been busy and thanks to a link I found somewhere on this site I have been able to create epubs of The Complete Works of Ambrose Bierce, four books of Edwin Markham's poetry and "An Itinerant House" by Emma Frances Dawson.

I just need to do a quick proofing again in a week or so and I think they should be ready for uploading. I've started the ten volume collection of Walt Whitman and then I will do Poe (probably).

I don't remember who posted the the link to Bierce at archive.org but thank you!
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #737
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I have been working on an ebook that contains both "Parnassus on Wheels" and "The Haunted Bookshop" by Christopher Morley in a single ebook file. They were both written by the same man, just a few yrs apart (1917 & 1919) and feature some of the same characters.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #738
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Just uploaded Nevil Shute's "On the Beach". I'm working on 'A Town Like Alice' as well.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #739
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Just uploaded Nevil Shute's "On the Beach". I'm working on 'A Town Like Alice' as well.
I'd like to ask where you got these please as you have not created an ePub version.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #740
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd like to ask where you got these please as you have not created an ePub version.
A scan of a hardcopy, since the work just entered the Canadian public domain.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #741
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sorry. I'll upload ePubs from now on (I do create my books in Sigil as I have a Mac) but I can't vouch for them as I don't have a device to test them on.

Last edited by seagull; 03-15-2011 at 12:03 PM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #742
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have been working on book 50 of the Harvard Classics. I found an epub of it over at Internet Archive and put in a proper working TOC for the book as well as converting a copy to Mobipocket.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:10 PM   #743
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I have reworked the TOC for "The Romance of Lust," so that instead of just the four volumes being listed the subsections within are also workable.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #744
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

I just uploaded an English version of Harriet Beecher Stowe's book "Uncle Tom's Cabin." There was a copy already here, but it was in German so I thought I'd put up an English version of the text.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #745
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Barbara Cartland

I'm working on 170 Barbara Cartland 'Pink Collection' romance books. Available from barbaracartland.com.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:34 PM   #746
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
I'm working on 170 Barbara Cartland 'Pink Collection' romance books. Available from barbaracartland.com.
Good luck.

Those books are definitely still under copyright ! Please don't upload here ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #747
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinquent View Post
You may misunderstand the purpose of this thread. It's a place for MR posters to announce books they are working on to post in the MR library for free download by MR users. Such works must be in the public domain or available under a license that explicitly permits copying and sharing. Works that do not meet that requirement will be deleted, and people who post them can find themselves banned from MR.

If you are simply telling us you're engaged in reading the full set, the place to say so is the "Hey!! Let's get some action going! What are we reading?" thread.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #748
Dillinquent
eBook pro
Dillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toysDillinquent shares his or her toys

Device: PC, iPad, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Galaxy Ace
Re;; Barbara Cartland

Yes, these works are under copyright. I am converting them to epub, pdf and prc for the author's estate.
And no, I won't be uploading them here, nor will I be reading them.

Last edited by Dillinquent; 03-25-2011 at 05:33 AM.
Dillinquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #749
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think what were asking is the reason you'd report that here . This thread is for reporting what you're working on for the MobileRead library, to prevent the duplication of effort.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #750
myral
Enthusiast
myral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PocketBook 360, Kindle 2, CyBook gen 3
Hello. My grandmother just published a biography of her spouse, Kostas Karagiorgis, a well-known Greek journalist and politician during WW II, and she wants to make it freely available to readers in e-book form. Would the addition be welcome here or is it too specific? It is written in Greek and, although I managed to convert it into Mobi and ePub formats, I have not managed to add a working table of contents and other niceties.
myral is offline   Reply With Quote