Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
mgarsal
mgarsal began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Simple Touch
Nook Simple Touch - Sharing over the net

Just got the new touch screen simple Nook and have issues trying to get news using Caliber's "sharing over the net" feature:

1. Every time I want to access the link in the MAC I use as server I need to type the IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxort)...I even made it the home book mark but I just can't find it after I walk away...where is it?.

2. Once I successfully access the server, download and click one of the downloaded newspapers I get the "can't find an app to run this doc" message. What step I'm missing?...

Thanks!
mgarsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would assume that step 2. would require you to have set up your system to know what app to use for that file type?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I'm assuming you're referring to the content server? Where you can access you calibre via a web browser on another device?

The STR does have a hidden web browser but my understanding is it does not know what to do with downloaded files. As of right now the only way to get books onto STR is downloading from your B&N library or by sideloading via usb.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
The browser actually will work to send downloaded files to the right place if there is a program that has told Android it wants those files. (For example if FBReader is installed, it will offer to open in FBReader.) The problem is that the Nook built-in reader does not publish itself as available for epub files.

If there is a way to fix that, it is out of my league.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Exactly and you have answered your question. You need to install another reader that will interact with the browser. I would ask on the Nook forum about information on rooting your Nook if you want to use the content server with it.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook simple touch sharing