Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 01:52 PM   #16
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewelch View Post
Wenn die font-Definition wie hier
@font-face { font-family:Georgia; src:url(../Fonts/georgiai.ttf); font-style:italic, oblique; }
bereits eine italic-Schrift zugrunde legt:was leistet dann die font-style-Ansage "oblique" zusätzlich zu "italic", wenn sie, wie du schreibst, auch weggelassen werden kann?
Rein gar nichts! Sie stammt aus meinen ganz frühen CSS-Tagen, als ich sie unverstanden von irgendwo kopiert habe; und sie verdankt es meiner Vergesslichkeit, dass sie sich bis heute in einigen Epubs behaupten durfte.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #17
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
I think it is indeed the “oblique” which causes this, although I never understood why
I don't think you are allowed to give a list of font-styles (or a list of anything) in a @font-face rule. So the whole "font-style:italic, oblique;" part is ignored and "georgiai.ttf" gets defined as the "normal" font.

If you use oblique anywhere at all, you should duplicate the @font-face rule, once with italic, once with oblique. And I think I've seen this problem in other books of yours.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM   #18
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
Neue Fassung ohne »oblique«.

@ anacreon:
I think it is indeed the “oblique” which causes this, although I never understood why. Please try the new version. (Btw, more VW letters soon!)
The new version works fine in Calibre, but not in Kobo as e kepub unless I eliminate the fonts CSS.

BUT, now that your 1.3 Kafka version showed me how exactly to do it, I've deleted all the obliques from other books (you'll find a little over half your books have it) - and for those it worked in Calibre AND as a kepub. A great mystery.

And in case you wonder whether I didn't look at your books - I used to eliminate font specifications to convert epubs to kepubs, so I didn't see the problem.

I'm looking forward to Virginia's letters. I'm still plodding forward through the Diary (it's sad to see how difficult it becomes for her in the last volume), with many excursuses (plural?) into the complete works.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote