Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Well one of your fellow Kindle hackers will need to stay on 2.0.2 and hack a firmware update that you can download that overrides 2.0.3. Maybe renaming 2.0.2 to 2.0.4 is all it would take?
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
hmemcpy
hmemcpy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hopefully, one of the fellow Kindle hackers reads this thread (*ahem* jesse)
hmemcpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #18
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmemcpy View Post
Hopefully, one of the fellow Kindle hackers reads this thread (*ahem* jesse)
You might want to contact igorsk - he generally posts in the Kindle Troubleshooting/Hacking forum - to see if he knows how to put a K2 into command line mode - so you can update the time.

Excuse me - the Developers Forum
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #19
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
Confirmed. Amazon have disabled USB Networking with a stock OS image on 2.0.3.
Wow, I see Amazon is focussing its efforts on stuff that really matters, like USB networking!

I guess stuff like getting the font "darker," or implementing something like PDF support, just doesn't have the customer appeal, that disabling USB tethering does.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
No, the USB connection works fine. The disabled feature has to do with allowing the Kindle to be seen as a computer on the network, to which you can connect via telnet. This facilitates all kinds of fun stuff. Guess Amazon is afraid we just may have too much fun.

El
Thank you very much for explaining. I don't hack the Kindle myself but am grateful to those who do, and sorry that this will make their lives more difficult.

For myself I am relieved to know that I will still be able to load stuff via the USB even after the update hits my Kindle.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote