Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Eldrod
Eldrod began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
How to Create a Cover for a NewsFeed

I'm new to Calibre and trying to grope my way through learning the NewsFeed recipe coding. I have a custom feed I put togehter, but I'd like to pick up a graphic to use in place of the default cover.jpg that Calibre puts in.

Can someone point me in the direction of what code I need to do that?

Thanks!
Eldrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
set

cover_url

to point to the cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
Eldrod

Thanks! I had just found that after pulling up a predefined recipe to see how they did it. It works great!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Eldrod

OK, now that I got that one, is there a parameter to define the graphic size? I am pulling a graphic that is the site name, but it is distorted in the reader. The content looks OK; the cover is what is distorted.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you cannot. If you're generating EPUB the reader will automatically stretch the cover image to fill its screen.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
cover, news