Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 AM   #1
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Gutenberg DVD formatted for Reader

Reported by Dan Ford in the Librie mailing list.
http://www.silkpagoda.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=631
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Interesting. I wish they'd provide a couple of samples to demonstrate the conversion quality.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
I Agree. I would be a buyer, if I was convinced that the formatting was acceptable, otherwise I'll continue to do it myself.
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #4
MMascaro
Zealot
MMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheeseMMascaro can extract oil from cheese

Device: HP mini 1035/Sony Reader/IPad
I droped an email to them requesting a sample from the Gutenberg library. I will let you know what I get.

In ther free ebook list one "Three Kingdoms Romance" was available in Sony Reader PDF. Not my usual fair but worth a try for free.

The book is 3.8 meg in size. It opens on a 6 page table of contents of the book. The ToC is selectable and will take you to the first page of the selected chapter.

The text size is ok. I usualy use RTFs with Time New Roman at 16 and this is between Small and Medium.

Mark
MMascaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
FangornUK
Addict
FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FangornUK has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Can't see the point in this - they're PDFs. Better to just download what you need from Gutenberg and donate the money directly to them! You can easily create you own BBeBs from Gutenberg books now.
FangornUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert