Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 01:57 AM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
AC adapter Psyclone Essentials for PSP 2000 at Target Problems

Okay, I tried this new AC adapter because other people had mentioned it.

Now I have problems. I plugged it in and the red light came on. I powered it down while plugged in and it cleared all my bookmarks, and where I left off (page number) and it took my font size back to small, I had changed all of my books to large.

I also got errors invalid page once. Then it gave me a circle with a slash through it when I tried to change pages, and make fonts bigger.

I tried this twice, same thing happen both times. If I hibernate the reader while plugged in no problems.

I also notice the red light changed to orange when I turned on and off power. Hibernating the player the red light stayed solid.

It took well over 1 hour to charge, and the bars were already all full. The red light finally did go off.

Should I return? Is it bad? Will it harm my player.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've never had a problem with my reader while using the Psyclone charger. Then again, I never power it off either. (I've only rebooted/powered down 3-4 times since I got the reader 1.5 years ago; and only for firmware updates. Given the excellent battery life, I never saw any point in turning it all the way off.)
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc View Post
I've never had a problem with my reader while using the Psyclone charger. Then again, I never power it off either. (I've only rebooted/powered down 3-4 times since I got the reader 1.5 years ago; and only for firmware updates. Given the excellent battery life, I never saw any point in turning it all the way off.)
How long have you been using the Psyclone charger?

I saw shadowing or burn in screen when I just hibernating it. I was afraid of permanent burned in letters. That was why I was shutting it completely down. Have you ever noticed that? Maybe I should just forget it and enjoy it while it lasts
Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
crc
unknown

I've been using this charger for ~16 months now with my two readers.

There is some (minor) ghosting with eink; but nothing that doesn't clear up when using the reader. It does get worse in the cold though....
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
new

Quote:
I've been using this charger for ~16 months now with my two readers.

There is some (minor) ghosting with eink; but nothing that doesn't clear up when using the reader. It does get worse in the cold though....
If your charger did what mine did when I shut it off would you think it was safe to use? I guess I can just not shut it down while plugged in. But I just have to wonder why it does that. It did show the lighting bolt when charging, and it did turn off the red light when complete.

Yours is the Psyclone for Sony 2000 right?

Thanks for explaining the ghosting images not be permanent.
Advert
Old 08-22-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
crc
unknown

If mine acted like yours, I'd probably still use it, just not shutdown while plugged in.

My guess would be that the reader is getting confused somehow when powered down during charging.

Model number (from bottom label) on mine is GPE151-05200W if that helps.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
new

Quote:
If mine acted like yours, I'd probably still use it, just not shutdown while plugged in.

My guess would be that the reader is getting confused somehow when powered down during charging.

Model number (from bottom label) on mine is GPE151-05200W if that helps.
Thanks.

My Model # is HY-SW0502000T-1A
Made by ShenZhen Elite Electronics, but it is Psyclone Essentials name on the front. So not the same as yours.

Since this is made for a PSP 2000 I can see why it gets confused with menu options. So as long as it works, I won't power it down while plugged in.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #8
new

It is model PSE89T. That is also on the back of the adaptor.

What model is yours? Starts with PSE. I am not sure what the other number is.

After reading what Psyclone essentional chargers did to the the Wii players, destroying them, I don't feel comfortable with this brand.

Not sure why many other Psyclone owners are not replying.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
new

Just thought I would update this thread about my adapter Psyclone Essentials for PSP 2000; I have charged my Sony PRS-505 reader about 3-4 times now and it works flawlessly. So bottom line is don't power down the reader manually and it will work just fine. Just thought someone might like to know