Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 03:10 AM   #31
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'll use my last nomination on Twenty-Six And One And Other Stories, and with that nominations are now closed.

The final nominations are:

The short stories of Saki [4]
The Remains Of The Day by Kazuo Ishiguro [3]
Twenty-Six And One And Other Stories by Maxim Gorky [4]
The Last Temptation Of Christ by Nicos Kazantzakis [1]
The Daughter Of Time by Josephine Tey [4]
The Stranger by Albert Camus [3]
The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark [4]
Death In Venice by Thomas Mann [2]

Here's a part of what I wrote previously:

Quote:
....If no nominees make it to five nominations, then the nominees with the most nominations will be our de facto nominees for the vote.....
So, we will have four de facto official nominees (that received four nominations each) going into the poll:

-The short stories of Saki
-The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie
-The Daughter Of Time
-Twenty-Six And One And Other Stories

The poll will be up later today.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #32
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I'm sorry, I was travelling, and waiting to see if somebody really nominated Lolita after the other vote closed to second it

I guess it'll be a vote rather than a nomination!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #33
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'll definitely third Death in Venice. Studied it a long time ago and would love to re-read and discuss again.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #34
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Oh - oops. Missed that at the end. I'll have to look into those that made it as I don't know any of them.

Ok, Gorky and Saki are readily available to me so I'll vote for one or the other.

Last edited by caleb72; 11-27-2011 at 04:47 PM.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #35
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Oh - oops. Missed that at the end. I'll have to look into those that made it as I don't know any of them.
In the initial post of the vote thread, I've made spoilers for each of them that give information, so it's all in one place if that helps.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
book club, literary, literature, nominations