Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #391
Vmsv
Vmsv began at the beginning.

Device: Android TF300
Plugin with OCR

The ideia is the development of a plugin with OCR tecnology that allows Calibre to search the Book name and the TOC directly from the pages, independent from the metadata and external sites.
Vmsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #392
Joe Ross
Joe Ross began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Automate the news fetch?

Hi there! Major newb here. I searched through the plugins thread and the Plugin ideas but my forum-fu is weak (waaah! boot to the head!) Anyway, I was fiddling with the news fetch and this is what I wanted to do.

1.Recipes already set and downloads scheduled. (obviously works already)
2. News downloads but sits in whatever library it was open when it downloaded

***3. On completion, tag it and move to a different library.

Any ideas? All ideas appreciated and it might be useful for other things too since it would be automated. I wanted to do like this because I work overnight and have it set to download at like 2am in the morning so I can read when I get home.

Thanks.
Joe
Joe Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #393
Invisibleman1964
Invisibleman1964 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Plugin to find the Language of the book EPUB

Dear all,

Does anyone know if there is a plugin (or can someone create this) that checks for some words and from there automaticly sets the Language in Calibre. Like in English you have the, one, and and such, if those words are found then the Language is English. If it's de, een, het then it will be dutch.

Maybe if in the plugin you can type in your own words and mention then what the Language will be, so it will then search in the epub for those words, if found, then set the Language in the metatag automaticly.

I have, I don't know how many books and I'm reading Dutch and my girlfriend only reads English. So we will have both.

Regards,
Hans
Invisibleman1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #394
iceman358
iceman358 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
Hello there.

I recently dug into making a recipe to create ebooks from news feeds and got it working, cover, masthead image, everything.
Except...

Would it be possible to change the way Calibre creates the ebook main menu to include thumbnails of each site logo? That would be quite useful for tapping links from the menu, as well as having a better graphic result.
iceman358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #395
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I would like to get a list of the folder paths for books currently displayed in the book list - preferably just a "simple" URI list as in

Code:
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name1/Book Title1 (1234)
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name1/Book Title2 (2134)
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name2/Book Title2 (3421)
I looked at Catalogue - but couldn't see anything about getting the folder path

I want to use the list to drive a couple of 3rd party programs to inject metadata into PDF and RTF files

Or if someone could point me at a simple plug in that I could hack.

Thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #396
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I would like to get a list of the folder paths for books currently displayed in the book list - preferably just a "simple" URI list as in

Code:
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name1/Book Title1 (1234)
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name1/Book Title2 (2134)
file:///E:/Calibre Libraries/Main/Author Name2/Book Title2 (3421)
I looked at Catalogue - but couldn't see anything about getting the folder path

I want to use the list to drive a couple of 3rd party programs to inject metadata into PDF and RTF files

Thanks BR
Windows or Dos
Code:
dir "L:\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\*.*" /b/d/s >list.txt
replace the path with yours.
list.txt is the out file, include a path as desired
dir /? for more options
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #397
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Windows or Dos
Code:
dir "L:\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library\*.*" /b/d/s >list.txt
replace the path with yours.
list.txt is the out file, include a path as desired
dir /? for more options
What I wrote was

Quote:
... list of the folder paths for books currently displayed in the book list - preferably....
Typically there would less than 15 books displayed in the list from a library approaching 4000, the selection being based on the #status custom column.

Currently I
  1. create a Temporary library using the structure from my Main library
  2. move the displayed books (#status:"=72 finalCheck") from my Main Library to the Temporary library,
  3. close Calibre
  4. process everything in the Temporary library via a powershell script
  5. start Calibre
  6. update the #status column for all the books in the Temporary library to '85 Final'
  7. move all the books in the Temporary library to the Main library
  8. remove the Temporary library, from Calibre and Windows

The list would obviate the need for the Temporary library - I would use it drive the powershell script and update the book files in-situ - ie in the Main library.

Thanks BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-08-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #398
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Please ignore.

Last edited by fidvo; 11-08-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Replied to wrong post.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #399
Ghost63368
Ghost63368 began at the beginning.

Device: Palmone Tungsten, Sony E-Reader
Adobe puts out books in .acsm format. I have found no e-reader support. Is it possible to create and a plug-in for Adobe Digital Editions? DRM or unlocked would be ok.
Ghost63368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #400
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
What I wrote was

Typically there would less than 15 books displayed in the list from a library approaching 4000, the selection being based on the #status custom column.

Currently I
  1. create a Temporary library using the structure from my Main library
  2. move the displayed books (#status:"=72 finalCheck") from my Main Library to the Temporary library,
  3. close Calibre
  4. process everything in the Temporary library via a powershell script
  5. start Calibre
  6. update the #status column for all the books in the Temporary library to '85 Final'
  7. move all the books in the Temporary library to the Main library
  8. remove the Temporary library, from Calibre and Windows

The list would obviate the need for the Temporary library - I would use it drive the powershell script and update the book files in-situ - ie in the Main library.

Thanks BR
All books are currently displayed unless you STATE you are using a restricted view (you did not, so I assumed you want the pat for ALL of the library )

How good is your SQL ?
'Path' is stored in the Books table
calibredb List --fields=All gets you an output listing file that include the book ID. You can ad a --search to the command to limit the returned items
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #401
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
This wouldn't actually be very hard.
  1. Start with the example GUI plugin from the calibre documentation.
  2. Use self.gui.library_view.get_selected_ids() to get the ids of selected books
  3. Loop on that list calling self.gui.current_db.path(book_id, index_is_id=True)
  4. Use ViewLog (from calibre.gui2.dialogs.message_box import ViewLog) to display the list of book dirs.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #402
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@BetterRed: Have you looked at the Open With plugin? You should be able to configure an entry to open your executable against the file you want to change in the list. Maybe you will need to wrap it in a batch file to parse the folder path out.

I think what you are planning to do is from the directory path, read the metadata.opf file in the directory, determine the name of the RTF or PDF file and then execute a command on that file using the data from the metadata.opf. If so, I think calling a batch file with Open With get you were you want to be.

If that doesn't work, you can look at the plugins code to see how it gets the paths.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #403
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost63368 View Post
Adobe puts out books in .acsm format. I have found no e-reader support. Is it possible to create and a plug-in for Adobe Digital Editions? DRM or unlocked would be ok.
No eReader will read ACSM files.

ACSM files are nothing more than the "control" file to download the actual ePub. You open the ACSM file within ADE (in fact, the standard setup of ADE associates ACSM files with ADE, so just opening the ACSM file from Explorer works) and then ADE downloads the ePub file.

Once the ePub is downloaded, it can be synced over to your eReader from within ADE.

If the ePub is DRM protected you can use tools to remove that DRM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #404
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
All books are currently displayed unless you STATE you are using a restricted view (you did not, so I assumed you want the pat for ALL of the library )

How good is your SQL ?
'Path' is stored in the Books table
calibredb List --fields=All gets you an output listing file that include the book ID. You can ad a --search to the command to limit the returned items
I like your thinking theducks - my SQL ain't too bad. It pains me to use it, in my soul I'm a Bachmanite, never really embraced the Coddswallop stuff.

OK, my #status column is table custom_column_13 and in there my 72 finalCheck row is id 17. There's another table called books_custom_column_13_link table, a select on value=17 in that table yields the set of books marked 72 finalCheck, a join of the book table on book_id gives me the paths.

It works in the sqlite_database_browser, I'll just need to incorporate it into my powershell script.

But since you posted and I experimented with the sqllite_browser davidfor has come up with what appears to be a better idea, using the Open With plugin.

JimmXinu - I'll keep your idea in reserve, looks simple enough - but it does mean 'learning' python and setting up another dev environment :yawn/yacc:

davidfor - this is the most appealing idea, I sort of forget that plug-ins work on multiple books - all my books have a cover of some sort so I'll push them into the powerscript then it can get hold of the sibling opf, pdf and rtf files.

It also has the advantage that I can use it on a single book - I often make author naming errors because of unfamiliar names, alphabets, languages etc - which I only discover months later.

I'll patch it together 2mora

And what you describe is exactly what I want do - extract the title, author(s), tags etc out of the opf and inject them straight into the XMP encoded metadata in the library copy of the PDF and RTF files. I want the metadata to be available to the relevant IFilters.

Thanks guys - fantastic ideas.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-09-2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #405
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@BetterRed: Have you looked at the Open With plugin? You should be able to configure an entry to open your executable against the file you want to change in the list. Maybe you will need to wrap it in a batch file to parse the folder path out.
Actually, you should be able to configure Open With to pass the PDF or RTF to your batch file or script without reading the metadata.opf file.

The down side is Open With only operates on one book at a time, not all selected books.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development