Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Those arrows at the top of the screen

Kat's dumb question of the day:

I have at the top of the Vox screen a total of 5 arrows now pointing down to a line with each edge of the line pointing up. These seem to be download arrows. How do I make them go away? If I tap on that spot, today's date briefly shows up.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just for fun, typing this from the vox. Seem to have to tap harder.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Just hit them and drag down a bit and a white screen will take up your screen with your reading stats and notifications. Hit the clear button and they'll disappear.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
Just hit them and drag down a bit and a white screen will take up your screen with your reading stats and notifications. Hit the clear button and they'll disappear.

Aha, thank you! I wasn't dragging it down far enough.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesslynne View Post
Sheesh, thanks. This swiping interface takes some getting used to.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic

I'm used to swiping from my Sony. It took me a while to realize you turn pages on the Vox by tapping.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
Swiping to change pages on the Vox is possible as well. I tend to just tap because it takes less energy.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
harveyj
harveyj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo vox
arows at top of screen indicate downloads. go to main screen touch the center icon on bottom of reader look for notifications at bottom of screen click on it and you will see what the downloads are for and alow you to clear them.
harveyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 PM   #9
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I have no idea why the android kobo app doesn't have real time page animations like the ipod version.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #10
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post
I have no idea why the android kobo app doesn't have real time page animations like the ipod version.
I don't want those. Or rather if Kobo introduces them then I want a setting to turn that off.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I thought animated page turns were a useless gimmick, but having used the Vox, without the eInk flash, I miss them. There is little feedback for a page turn, and if you accidentally tap twice.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I thought animated page turns were a useless gimmick, but having used the Vox, without the eInk flash, I miss them. There is little feedback for a page turn, and if you accidentally tap twice.
Good point. The page turns happen so fast and with so little pressure, it would be easy to accidentally turn a page without realizing it.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:33 PM   #13
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjohl View Post

Maybe we will see it in a later update I love the real time page animation, maybe I'm having a little nostagia for having to let go of the feel of reading a paper book
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote