Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #1
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Exclamation BUG: version 0.6.55 - detecting reader and memory card "reversed"

Using an Astak Pocket Pro (aka Hanlin v5).

Starting just this version of Calibre, it seems to have started detecting my reader and its attached memory card in reverse. In other words, the storage for the card is being reported as the Reader in the Calibre interface and the storage for the Reader is being reported as the memory card.

If you disconnect, take the memory card out, and reattach, then Calibre sees the reader and its built in storage properly.

If you then disconnect again, put the memory card BACK in, then reattach, the problem comes back, the same as before.

Although this can be worked around, I think its a fairly significant bug.

Anyone else (particularly anyone with a Hanlin v5 or one of its many variants) able to confirm this isn't just happening to me? I don't want to enter a formal bug report without more information.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Fictionelle
Nameless Being

Hi - yes, I have something similar too. My uploads from a Bebook One SD card appear in the Reader fields, but with nothing loading in the SD fields. This started after latest update 0.6.55 was downloaded. Hope it get fixed soon (please).
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
Using an Astak Pocket Pro (aka Hanlin v5).

Starting just this version of Calibre, it seems to have started detecting my reader and its attached memory card in reverse. In other words, the storage for the card is being reported as the Reader in the Calibre interface and the storage for the Reader is being reported as the memory card.

If you disconnect, take the memory card out, and reattach, then Calibre sees the reader and its built in storage properly.

If you then disconnect again, put the memory card BACK in, then reattach, the problem comes back, the same as before.

Although this can be worked around, I think its a fairly significant bug.

Anyone else (particularly anyone with a Hanlin v5 or one of its many variants) able to confirm this isn't just happening to me? I don't want to enter a formal bug report without more information.
I Reported it (Astak PP), earlier this week.
Acknowledged that it will be fixed next release
(break and fix in a 1 week cycle. Fast turns are Kovid and crew )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote