Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Handhelds and Smartphones

Notices

Old 07-24-2004, 04:06 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
PocketUAE - First Amiga emulator for PPC

This is perhaps one of the most anticipated PPC emulator ports. Ismail Khatib has made available the first Commodore Amiga emulator that runs on your small PPC screen. It features everything UAE-based emulators have to offer, such as support for up to 4 Floppy Drives, emulation for 68000/010/020/040 CPU, optionally a 68881 FPU, OCS, ECS and AGA Graphics Chipset (including sprite-playfield collisions, up to 2MB Chip RAM and up to 8MB Fast RAM, or 8MB Chip RAM without Fast RAM, up to 64MB Zorro III Fast RAM, independent of Chip RAM setting (68020+ only), up to 1MB Slow RAM, for extended compatibility with problem software, a hard-disk: either a harddisk image file or part of the native filesystem, and Mouse and Joystick support (Stylus and D-Pad on PocketPC). Keyboard support is still buggy, and a GUI is not available yet (so you cannot change disc images while Pocket UAE is running).

Side fact: the first Amiga (Amiga 1000) was presented in New York City exactly 19 years ago (July 23 1985).
Old 07-26-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've been _so_ looking forward to this. My amiga 500 was my favourite non-pc "pc" (narrowly beating my C64). It would be nice to be able to carry it around in my pocket now (along with my apple2, zx spectrum, c64, atari st and 386

I wonder what sort of emulation speed I can expect on my 200mhz ipaq...

Craig.
Advert
Old 07-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #3
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have tested UAE PPC on my PPC603 (233Mhz), but speed was *very* slow ;( Perhaps it will improve in one of the future betas.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
About what I expected.... I'll wait a little longer I guess <sigh>

Craig.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
... finally available for wm2003se devices!

http://www.pocketgamer.org/showthrea...&threadid=4561
Advert
Old 01-28-2005, 09:55 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
... finally available for wm2003se devices!

http://www.pocketgamer.org/showthrea...&threadid=4561
Tested it, but still *very* slow on my X50v because PocketUAE is currently not xscale-optimized.