Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #16
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by valimo View Post
Are you saying there will be a new ereader coming out from Onyx? Is it in the same class of M series. Hmm, should I wait for it?
Hi,

I just meant the new improved PDF Reader software in M92 (Not a new ereader device)

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-10-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

I just meant the new improved PDF Reader software in M92 (Not a new ereader device)
Come on. You can reveal a bit more.
It'll remain among us.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #18
machinogodzilla
Addict
machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.machinogodzilla can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PBook 902† Kindle† Nook SimpleTouch† Onyx M92† i86† M96 N96ML NotePro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinancialWar View Post
I set the page to landscape mode, then zooming to To Width, so that now screen display about half the page and the font is big and clear enough to be read.

Then if I want to got the bottom half of the page, I have no idea to do that. If I use the four-way navigation stick to got down, it only goes down about 2 or 3 lines, it would take about 20 clicks to get the reader to display the bottom half of the page, then I press the next page button, instead of displaying the top half of the next page, the reader display the same section of the previous page, which is the bottom, so now I have to 20 click back to the top and then 20 clicks back to the bottom and the process repeats.

Is there a better way to read photocopied PDF more effectively in landscape mode? A button click for the reader to go top>bottom>top next page>bottom>top next page ....
I had the same issue with non-scanned books from Safari. The solution is:

a) get and install the 1.7 version firmware from here
b) go to 'Settings' -> 'Preferred Applications', tick 'try new Pdf Reader (beta)' and hit OK
c) now when you open a document in the landscape mode with 'zoom to width' setting on you will get the functionality you want with both the joystick and the stylus.

I don't know what other differences between the old and the new pdf reader are as I've just started playing with the device, they seem pretty similar at the first glance.
machinogodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
In a new alpha version of pdf reader is even better solution. You can use portrait display mode and Paper mode (2 column mode). It navigates downward the 1st collumn, then top of 2nd and downwards the 2nd.

Works OK for scientific A4 papers. Not sure about 2 page book's scans. It might be better to use landscape mode.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Hi everyone,

Let me offer some suggestions for navigating scanned or photocopied pages in .pdf.

First, if you have either Adobe Acrobat Professional or Nitro PDF Professional you can process your .pdf to have hidden text. Hidden text allows the Onyx e-readers to see the text and to crop the pages effectively. Also, the e-reader can actually reflow the hidden text, but it will appear in the default selected typeface.

Second, if you can't process your .pdf to have hidden text, you could use the Selection Zoom or Zoom by Two Points features to select the area you want zoomed up to fill the screen. This feature should work in both portrait and landscape modes.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #21
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Let me offer some suggestions for navigating scanned or photocopied pages in .pdf.

First, if you have either Adobe Acrobat Professional or Nitro PDF Professional you can process your .pdf to have hidden text. Hidden text allows the Onyx e-readers to see the text and to crop the pages effectively. Also, the e-reader can actually reflow the hidden text, but it will appear in the default selected typeface.
What do you mean by process ones pdf? To make OCR or what?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Second, if you can't process your .pdf to have hidden text, you could use the Selection Zoom or Zoom by Two Points features to select the area you want zoomed up to fill the screen. This feature should work in both portrait and landscape modes.
Yes, but the problem is if you have 2 pages on one scanned page, which is quite often...

I think, Paper Mode in new pdf reader might solve it, when the reader reaches at least advanced beta (release candidate) status...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote