Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
user105
user105 began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2, pw2, sony prs 505
how to write calibre metadata to the book file in bulk?

Hi!

I use calibre to manage my books with tags etc.

But those changes are only applied to the FILE, when i sent the book to an device.

Thats not what i was looking for, has anybody an idea how to keep the FILE on the same lvl as in calibre metadata database?
user105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by user105 View Post
Hi!

I use calibre to manage my books with tags etc.

But those changes are only applied to the FILE, when i sent the book to an device.

Thats not what i was looking for, has anybody an idea how to keep the FILE on the same lvl as in calibre metadata database?
The only way to update the file itself is to do a conversion, AFAIK.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Or use the Modify ePub plugin.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Or you can save your library to disk -- then it updates the metadata in the file as well -- and then reimport it.

It is a feature I would like to see implemented as well, I mean an option in the menu to update the metadata in the file.

Edit: Forget it, use kiwidude's plugin, it rocks

Last edited by blak4dr; 01-04-2012 at 02:07 AM.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak4dr View Post
It is a feature I would like to see implemented as well, I mean an option in the menu to update the metadata in the file.
For ePubs, see post three above. This plugin gives you an option in the menu to modify your epub with a follow on menu asking exactly what you want to modify (see attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	modify_epub.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	80761   Click image for larger version

Name:	modify_epub-2.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	80762  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #6
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Thanks dwanthny. I have tried it right after answering the post and reading kiwidude's addition (hence my edit). I have not paid enough attention to the new plugins lately (lately being in the past six months) and therefore had missed this one.

It does exactly what I need i guess, but I still think it should be an integrated feature of calibre (though I haven't suggested it yet)
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #7
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
@dwanthny - According to my plugins list, I've got the Modify ePub plugin installed and current, but I can't find where to get the menu you show in your first graphic to select modify ePub so I can make some changes.

Also, your toolbar looks very different from mine - did you modify the icons on yours?

Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
@dwanthny - According to my plugins list, I've got the Modify ePub plugin installed and current, but I can't find where to get the menu you show in your first graphic to select modify ePub so I can make some changes.
To get the menu shown I right click on a book in the library view. Your modify ePub plugin icon is in whatever menu or toolbar you placed it. Go to Preferences - Toolbar - drop down the list and decide which menu you want and place the Modify ePub icon in and move it from the left to the right for that menu. I placed my Modify ePub icon in The context menu for books in the calibre library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Also, your toolbar looks very different from mine - did you modify the icons on yours?
Yes, I dropped in the Ubuntu set of icons, see this post. I also used the icon from this post for the brown default_cover.png.

Good Reading.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-04-2012 at 05:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote