Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Unhappy Well, sort of; Windows Movie Maker!

I'm finding it IMPOSSIBLE to use the new Movie Maker, you know, the one with the silly ribbon. I just can't figure out how to lengthen the time a clipart image is on screen to time with the audio.

What I would like is to find a (legal, if possible) download of the XP version, before the silly ribbon was invented by some crazy fool at Microsoft.

I make relaxing youtube vids and am trying to put together one which explains why I won't be making vids for a while - I have labyrinthitis which makes the world spin like the guy on the banner below, while I try to walk in a straight line. It spins when I'm standing still. If I couldn't touch-type, I wouldn't be able to type this: everything jiggles. Was diagnosed at ENT last week. It'll last weeks. They don't want to stop the world spinning cos I'll habituate faster if not given dizzy pills. Oh, I hate that word, make me feel worse!

Back to topic, I'd be grateful for a link to a site which legally hosts the old Movie Maker.

Thanks as always,
Wondering if I should click on that emoticon.....will keep eyes closed....
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...et-movie-maker

This may help...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=34 help? It looks to be for version 2.6

Came via http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/cools...k-on-Windows-7
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks everyone. Would downloading the older version over-write the newer? Does any techie know the answer to this (how I would love a techie in shining armour )?

I resorted to searching for and downloading, but not installing Video Pad and Virtual Dub. Then I did a quick check on youtube about how to use these. While watching a vid about one of them, I noticed this vid in the sidebar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrjxCNdNVKw

This told me all I needed to know about using Movie maker live.
I still don't like it as much as the previous version, but at least it hasn't crashed..... yet.

I'll download the installer for the old version, just in case.

Funny thing, I'd already done a youtube search for tutorials about movie maker live, to no avail. But I'm useless at searching for things. I even lose cats sometimes, but at least they find their way home (imagine sweet cat emoticon).

Had to stop taking the dizzy pills today and feel worse; but consultant wanted me off them so my brain would habituate faster, or something like that.

P.S. if you want to be relaxed, I'm muskndusk on youtube. There are better whisperers, soft-speakers and practisers in the art of creating asmr (auto sensory meridian response) tingles than me. I don't put ads on my vids, though youtube have done this to ones which they consider on the edge of copyright infringement (a few seconds from Wuthering Heights/Kate Bush, to intro a reading from the novel!).

Last edited by BookCat; 05-01-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Blatant promotion.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dizzy, windows movie maker