Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 PM   #751
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
OS X does not have accelerator keys. Probably for the same reason its default mice have only a single button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #752
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The standard buttons (Yes/No/OK) have always had keyboard shortcuts.

And note that the keyboard shortcuts config widget does not warn you about *any* accelerator conflicts, doing so, is way too much work, since accelerators are implemented internally in Qt and depend on the desktop environment and interface language and there is no easy way for the keyboard management system to know what they are.
Kovid, I guessed that getting conflicts resolved in the kb shortcut editor would be non trivial, that's why I've suggested that pending Slide-up Notifier messages always get higher priority at handling any the keystrokes.

Added : Also its not just Yes and No, Alt/W is used by Bulk metadata download and Alt/D is is used by Extract ISBN - other PI's may have other options.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-02-2015 at 11:53 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2015, 11:51 PM   #753
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Kovid, I guessed that getting conflicts resolved in the kb shortcut editor would be non trivial, that's why I've suggested that pending Slide-up Notifier messages always get higher priority at handling any the keystrokes.

BR
That is equally non-trivial
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #754
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
OS X does not have accelerator keys. Probably for the same reason its default mice have only a single button.
This is yet another reason why Windows is best for eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:50 AM   #755
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Confirmations are there for a reason. To eliminate DB WRITE access conflicts by asking when YOU are ready (and not using those records)

CP operates in Bulk mode. 1 confirm for N books
Frankly, I did it in my fork and I never had any problem. This said, I do not launch any other task.
When I look back at the code, the only metadata modified are the custom columns dedicated to Count pages, and I assume the db is dealing by itself with the order of operations (queuing or locking?). I may be wrong, but for me the only problem would potentially be if you are using the columns for something else or if you are trying to modify at the same time these fields...

The fork: here

Last edited by sengian; 04-03-2015 at 01:07 PM.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2015, 08:33 AM   #756
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
I love this plugin. Is there a way to turn off the Yes/No confirmation every time I run it, though? I just want it to apply the results without clicking it every time because I use it a lot. If not could you add an option to run the confirmation dialog off? Thanks!
I recently added this new config option to my own version of Count Pages plugin - see image below. If you're interested in trying it out PM me and I'll provide a link. The offer is open to any interested party reading this post.

The reason I'm not posting it publicly here is because I only use Count Pages in a limited way (word count & ADE page count) so I'm not an expert in it's other options. It should be OK because making Yes/No acceptance optional is the ONLY change I made ... but you never know

If there's enough interest and no-one has any problems, perhaps I can try to get kiwidude to OK the changes for public consumption.

ETA: I should also have said that the forked version sets the default for the new 'Auto accept' checkbox as UNCHECKED to stay consistent with the official version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	autoaccept.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	136732  

Last edited by jackie_w; 04-03-2015 at 11:39 AM. Reason: info about initial default
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #757
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I recently added this new config option to my own version of Count Pages plugin - see image below. If you're interested in trying it out PM me and I'll provide a link. The offer is open to any interested party reading this post.

The reason I'm not posting it publically here is because I only use Count Pages in a limited way (word count & ADE page count) so I'm not an expert in it's other options. It should be OK because making Yes/No acceptance optional is the ONLY change I made ... but you never know

If there's enough interest and no-one has any problems, perhaps I can try to get kiwidude to OK the changes for public consumption.

ETA: I should also have said that the forked version sets the default for the new 'Auto accept' checkbox as UNCHECKED to stay consistent with the official version.
for contributing code

(FWIW I use CP the exact same way you do)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:40 AM   #758
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
No.

Could you let me know what plugin I should be looking at.

There are always new plugins/features appearing I can't keep up with it all!
Hi

Did you find an answer to your problem ? Because I've got exactly the same : Countpages gives me irrelevant count since a few days and I don't know what is changed (except for the 2.23 Claibre update...)
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #759
red_dragon
Daywalker
red_dragon is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bird View Post
Hi
Did you find an answer to your problem ? Because I've got exactly the same : Countpages gives me irrelevant count since a few days and I don't know what is changed (except for the 2.23 Claibre update...)
Happened to me too, the "irrelevant" count turned out to be the number of words.

Go to the customization dialog and make sure that the custom column entry for "Word count" is empty or not equal to the one you use for the pages.
red_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #760
The_Bird
The_Bird began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 & Kindle PW2
Yes, Thank you Red Dragon... I finally found that explanation too... Don't know why, from time to time, the setting goes back to "word count".

It gaves me the oportunity to test jackie's fork and it's a pleasure not to click to accept the changes...

How lazy may I become ?
The_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #761
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bird View Post
Yes, Thank you Red Dragon... I finally found that explanation too... Don't know why, from time to time, the setting goes back to "word count".

It gaves me the oportunity to test jackie's fork and it's a pleasure not to click to accept the changes...

How lazy may I become ?
Don't begin to ask, as I'm using it too
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #762
alvareo
Enthusiast
alvareo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_dragon View Post
Happened to me too, the "irrelevant" count turned out to be the number of words.

Go to the customization dialog and make sure that the custom column entry for "Word count" is empty or not equal to the one you use for the pages.
So THAT'S why my page count was in the thousands. Thanks!
alvareo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:42 PM   #763
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
New release

Version 1.6.9
- Added option to disable the confirmation prompt each time to update the page/word counts. Use at your own risk - if you make simultaneous other changes to the book record they may get lost.
- Fix for Cancel on the progress dialog (submitted by Raúl)

@jackiew - this should do the same thing as your own path no doubt did.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:15 PM   #764
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@jackiew - this should do the same thing as your own path no doubt did.
OK, thanks kiwidude. Welcome back ... or are you just passing?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #765
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just passing - too snowed with day job still. But I knew the prompts were annoying people (and me)...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin