Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #1
Raaanon
Raaanon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Exclamation Kobo Vox - HELP!

Hi Guys!

I have just gotten a Kobo Vox for Christmas. I have followed advice from the forums on using Calibre to convert books.

Most of the books I have are PDF/.LIT files. When converting them to EPUB and importing them on the Kobo, it completely goes haywire. Each sentence in the books are on a new line, and there is a '?' after EVERY sentence

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I'm so frustrated, I'm on the verge of tears. Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.
x
Raaanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
PDF files rarely convert well to .epub files. You usually get somewhat better results if you enable all options on the Calibre Heuristic Processing tab, which are disabled by default, but that's about all you can do other than cropping the .pdf file to suppress page numbers, headers and footers etc.

For more information read the "Read this before Posting PDF Questions" sticky.

You may want to post other Calibre conversion questions in the Calibre Conversion forum.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Raaanon

Thank you

But what about the .Lit files? They are frying my brain.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaanon View Post
But what about the .Lit files? They are frying my brain.
Sorry, I cannot help you with that. Theoretically, unprotected commercial .lit files should convert fine, because they're OEBPS based, but apparently there are also lots of poorly home-made .lit files out there to which the rule applies "garbage in, garbage out."
I'm sure the Calibre gurus in the Calibre Conversion forum can help you with that, too, if you provide specific information about the conversion errors that you encountered.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Raaanon

I took a short cut and converted them to .mobi, then converted them to .epub. Seems to have done the trick. Also, Thank you for the tip on enabling Calibre Heuristic Processing. Worked a treat. Thank you! Merry Christmas x

Tags
calibre, convertion, kobo vox