Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #136
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I looked at it briefly when you mentioned that's where you were from. Based on about 10 minutes googling (aka not thorough at all), it looks like there is a strict liability on copyright, but ONLY for specific situations. Somewhere I found a site listing what they were. I don't remember if any of them could be interpreted as downloading, didn't really look at it that closely.
Yes, I have found that there seems to be strict liability for specific situations. Again, an example of laws being applied differently dependent upon the circumstances. It is these circumstances that I would like to know more about and which I am reading up on.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #137
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
That is true. However, personally I don't believe the current laws make downloading only an offence. Although there are lots of people who want us to think they do.
I tend to agree. However, I don't think it is as clear cut as you do. That is where we differ.

Cheers,
PKFFW
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert