Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #1
secristrc
secristrc began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Old versions of calibre

Does anyone know where I can find old versions of Calibre?

I am interested in finding a version of calibre that will run under Ubuntu 7.10 (gutsy) or Windows 2000 (as a guest under VirtualBox). I bought the Dell linux-based laptop so everything would work, and am reticent to break things in an upgrade at the moment.

I tried installing Python 2.6 and other dependencies to make the two most recent versions work, and now I broke VirtualBox (sigh).

Thanks,
rcs
secristrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:00 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
RCS, I have older copies of the Windows versions (all the 0.5.x), but not the Linux versions. The files are EXE and about 26MB in size, so most email programs (online versions anyway) won't allow the transfer of a file that size.

I put one out on rapidshare once before when another new member asked for it - although the upload/download times were slow. I don't mind doing it, but would rather make sure you want it and which one (0.5.1 - 0.5.14) before I spend the time uploading.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 07-27-2009 at 12:03 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 AM   #3
DanielCoffey
Connoisseur
DanielCoffey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
We might want to ask the mods to move this to the Calibre forum to keep the News forum tidy.
DanielCoffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I don't have the Linux versions but I have most of the Windows ones. I haven't gotten around to uploading the newer ones though. Link is on this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...437#post432437
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I uploaded the Windows 0.5.14 version to rapidshare at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26086122....5.14.exe.html

Apparently, it can only be downloaded 10 times before being deleted...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
superanima
W2E & ePub freak
superanima began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3 + boox60
can someone post a link for osx version?
superanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: droid, kindle, kobo, eslick, sony
also looking for ubuntu versions

My husband & I are looking for linux versions of calibre 0.5.x as 0.6 versions won't recognize the sony reader under ubuntu hardy.

I have the windows exe files from another thread on mobileread (calibre 0.6.0 released! message #76) but don't know if there is a way NOT involving wine to open them on ubuntu.

Until the next LTS comes out in late 2010 or early 2011 and/or I have a long weekend and can switch over to jaunty, I'll just keep using calibre on the windows side.

thanks for any help. Beth
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think I can beat you all on the windows versions.

I have most versions from libprs5000.3.81 all the way to Calibre0.6.3.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
My husband & I are looking for linux versions of calibre 0.5.x as 0.6 versions won't recognize the sony reader under ubuntu hardy.
Uploaded calibre-0.5.6-i686.tar.bz2 to http://www.utterlyinsane.org/calibre/

Unfortunately, that's the only Linux version I have.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
jmcphail
jmcphail began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Calibre-0.5.14.dmg

http://files.me.com/jmcphail/6mv7nh

Password is calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by superanima View Post
can someone post a link for osx version?
jmcphail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Forgot to mention this has a couple of OSX versions, too. Hmm, methinks I should arrange these into folders.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Note that for releases after 0.6.17 old versions are available on the calibre sourceforge page.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Allucard
Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Allucard could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle touch
I am also forced to look for an older version. But i tell you what, I will never buy a kindle again. NEVER. They are forcing you to downgrade your beautiful product, that is quite apparent to me after just a few hours browsing for a solution for calibre lastest's version not detecting my kindle after i disconnect and connect, unless i restart windows. Note I have no problems with windows explorer accessing it. Also hate the fact every time i share a passage in facebook it has to be a personal document and not a book.
Allucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
I am also forced to look for an older version. But i tell you what, I will never buy a kindle again. NEVER. They are forcing you to downgrade your beautiful product, that is quite apparent to me after just a few hours browsing for a solution for calibre lastest's version not detecting my kindle after i disconnect and connect, unless i restart windows. Note I have no problems with windows explorer accessing it. Also hate the fact every time i share a passage in facebook it has to be a personal document and not a book.
You say 'Disconnect'. As in un-plug? Wait for 30 Seconds before re-attach.

Maybe you are faulting the USB port? Can Windows do anything with the port when Calibre can't see it ?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote