Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Nook STR: When at Best Buy?

So I know the Nook is at B&N's (although you have to be put on a waiting list), but I was interested in getting mine from Best Buy since I have reward zone points. The problem is, no one at my local Best Buy seems to know anything about them, and they don't show up on the website.

Anyone have any ideas or have more knowledgable people at their local Best Buy? How long after Nook's are released does it take for them to go to the "other" stores?

Thanks.

Last edited by forkyfork; 06-06-2011 at 04:51 PM.
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
negris123
Zealot
negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.negris123 taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
So I know the Nook is at B&N's (although you have to be put on a waiting list), but I was interested in getting mine from Best Buy since I have reward zone points. The problem is, no one at my local Best Buy seems to know anything about them, and they don't show up on the website.

Anyone have any ideas or have more knowledgable people at their local Best Buy? How long after Nook's are released does it take for them to go to the "other" stores?

Thanks.

Staples is taking preorders to ship around jun 15th. maybe best buy is similar

http://www.staples.com/Presale-NOOK-...?cmArea=SEARCH
negris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
cfrock
Enthusiast
cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.cfrock once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook STR & K3
I've been told by 2 sources that they should be in 'for Father's day'. One was a BN rep I'm friendly with (yes the response was for outside vendors), and a Best Buy friend of mine. Take it for what it's worth.
cfrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by negris123 View Post
Staples is taking preorders to ship around jun 15th. maybe best buy is similar

http://www.staples.com/Presale-NOOK-...?cmArea=SEARCH
I have to tell ya I enjoy going into staples to look at tablets and computers and such alot more than going into Best Buy. Each tablet has their own kiosk with tutorials, as opposed to Best Buy where it's a mess, only the iPad has it's own 'sun rays beaming down from Heaven" displays.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
...only the iPad has it's own 'sun rays beaming down from Heaven" displays.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
only the iPad has it's own 'sun rays beaming down from Heaven" displays.
But according to Amazon, sun rays on an ipad will blind you instantly.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote