Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #1876
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Really dumb question, but..

If I create a new Kobo account using a different name (nickname) and address and email, is there any problem downloading the ePub to my usual Digital Editions which is in my real name and with my usual email address?

I'm not sure about the whole ADE registration/authorisation and whether the download would then be prevented.

Many thanks if anyone knows about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Nope, yep-nope, nope

Extremely easy. I use several email accounts (actually, one gmail account with a "." between different letters each time (all goes to the same gmail address, yay gmail)). Each kobo account I have I fill in a valid address from a foreign country using fakenamegenerator.com. I pay with paypal (or credit card if that's cheaper for the specific country) – addresses do not have to match at all. Works like a charm. If I want a book I figure out from which country it's cheapest, then gift it to my main kobo account from the account I'm buying from.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 AM   #1877
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Thanks to both of you. I just successfully used both of these codes even though the first was supposed to expire 2 days ago.
And thanks to you - I wouldn't have tried that one otherwise. Worked for me, too.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #1878
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsomnia View Post
I'm not sure if this one has been posted:
Comeback3102_3
Expires: March 1, 2013
One Coupon Per Customer
Just got this 30% off in my email two days ago.
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #1879
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just got this in my email 25% off Comeback2602_3 Expires: February 24, 2013
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #1880
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
If I create a new Kobo account using a different name (nickname) and address and email, is there any problem downloading the ePub to my usual Digital Editions which is in my real name and with my usual email address?

I'm not sure about the whole ADE registration/authorisation and whether the download would then be prevented.

As long as your ADE registration is the same. Safest thing is to do everything all from the same computer. I always use my laptop for my ebooks and connecting my Sony Reader. But I once made the mistake of downloading a Kobo book on my desktop, and was unable to load the ebook on my Reader. I only then realized that (because of a screwup a long time ago that was Adobe's fault), my ADE registration is different on both computers.

By the way, to Kobo's credit, when I explained the problem to them, they were gracious enough to let me do a fresh download of the same book, which I did on my laptop, and no problem.
Billingsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #1881
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post

No problem at all. Your Kobo account doesn't have to be the same email address as your ADE account But I must say that I haven't tried it.

You could also gift your book to your main Kobo account, and download the epub from there.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #1882
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Thanks Billingsgate and Mrs_Often for the replies. I think gifting the book sounds the best option - just in case ADE doesn't want to play ball.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 AM   #1883
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
kobobooks.com contest codes

I have a few discount codes for kobobooks.com that I won't be able to use before they expire on March 1st. Not applicable to agency books unfortunately.

First come first served and happy reading
  • xkkGEfE - 20%
  • xkpFgps - 20%
  • xKPXteG - 20%
  • XkQnvK8 - 20%
  • XkSpnm6 - 20%
  • xktwdBm - 20%
  • XLXX2bc - 10%
  • XLNVu9C - 10%
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #1884
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Contest codes expiring March 1st:

10%:
xvTzIpZ
XvSzLHE
KH3Sv5X
Kh8WWuh
KHAcJGg
KhBXbYI
XWAWfKd

20%:
kG9PuKR
vw5NMpA
vwAKAuZ
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #1885
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
30% off from contest: Y3JT9QQ
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #1886
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsgate View Post
By the way, to Kobo's credit, when I explained the problem to them, they were gracious enough to let me do a fresh download of the same book, which I did on my laptop, and no problem.

That's completely irrelevant. You can download the book as many times as you want. They didn't grant you any favors. It's the way it's always been.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #1887
Billingsgate
Buys too many books
Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billingsgate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile 20% off coupons

20% off:

JpU8wYd
jPuWZHF
Hc9tBSy
HC64cLJ
fkuH7tR
FEgpq9i
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #1888
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
More contest codes can be found in the Kobo discount thread here...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115233
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #1889
Billingsgate
Buys too many books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
That's completely irrelevant. You can download the book as many times as you want. They didn't grant you any favors. It's the way it's always been.
Not true. Perhaps I should have been clearer. It had been downloaded to my desktop computer, which has a different ADE account, registered under my second e-mail address, thanks to an Adobe screw-up (never mind the details; it caused me pain for days, with costly international phone calls to Adobe in the US).

Thus when I tried to download it on my laptop, with ADE registered to my primary e-mail, I couldn't install it on my Reader, since it said "registered to a different account".

Once you have downloaded a DRM-protected epub onto a computer with one ADE account, you are prevented from installing that same epub on a computer with a different ADE account. That's why I say be careful. In any case, gifting does seem to be the foolproof option if one is unsure.

So, yes, Kobo did me a big favor when I explained the situation, and re-set the original file so I could download it on my laptop.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #1890
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
10% - YamuvPt
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals