Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
danimal
danimal began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Kindle
trouble installing update

I am trying to install the most recent version of Calibre on my Mac (snow leopard) using an administrator account, but when I copy it to applications folder and authorize the overwrite of the previous version, I get this error message:

The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.

Not sure why this is happening. I did try to repair permissions, but that didn't help.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
delete/rename the old version first.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert