Device: Sony Clie PEG-UX50
Understanding Computer Technology

Yep,
I undertand
Liqiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Please don't directly link to offsite images like this.

Not only are you consuming someone else's bandwidth without their permission or consent, you're going to piss people off, and their anger is going to be pointed towards mobileread.com and Alexander, not to the person who posted the thread (you).

Also, even though this is the "General Chat" area, I don't think this kind of thing is appropriate. You should spend your time researching the mobile industry, and helping others here with your knowledge and insight.

There are lots of people here with problems you could spend some time to learn and help them with. They'd look to you as a resource for help, rather than a nuisance.

Do you own a handheld at all? What applications do you use with it? Perhaps you can help others with the same kinds of handhelds or applications, learn how to use them better.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
Liqiud
Infinite Oblivion
Liqiud began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-UX50
I help people by making them laugh.
Is that a crime?
Liqiud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:41 PM   #4
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
Liquid,

I think Hacker raises some good points. By posting numerous, random, bandwidth intensive posts with direct links to off-site image files, you are spending the resource of someone who has been generous enough to provide this service for MobileRead visitors and members. By doing so, you're being a bit inconsiderate. While you may find these items funny and want to share them to "help people by making them laugh", you are doing so at the expense of someone else. Like Hacker said, inserting images directly from another website (and without citing the source) is inappropriate and is not proper web etiquette.

If you'd like to create your own site with collections of random items you come across, there are several free personal blog services like www.blogger.com where those type of posts are more appropriate.

Last edited by ballistic; 01-28-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 12:38 AM   #5
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
yea really
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2005, 08:53 AM   #6
Brian
MobileRead Editor
Brian has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 700p, Zodiac2
I'd also like to point something out that I didn't make clear in my post above.

Liquid,

Please don't take my comments to mean that you're not welcome here, but as hacker points out, the focus of this site is on portable content for mobile devices. People that stay on topic and contribute relevant and thoughtful help, comments, their observations, opinions and knowledge make this community the great place that it is.

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote