Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #61
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm... whilst attempting to drag this "backwards" to the k3 I get...

Code:
main.cpp:(.text._ZN11ShakeWindow12ResizeWidgetEP10_GtkWidgetii[ShakeWindow::ResizeWidget(_GtkWidget*, int, int)]+0x158): undefined reference to `gtk_widget_get_sensitive'
I believe this is because gtk_widget_get_sensitive requires GTK+ 2.18.0

so I'm going to use GTK_WIDGET_SENSITIVE

cheers.

(The version is 2.16 on there)

Last edited by twobob; 02-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #62
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
** (<unknown>:17299): WARNING **: err = /mnt/us/extensions/explorer/bin/res/MainWindow.glade: required gtk+ version 2.20, current version is 2.16
DOH!!!

nearly got it
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #63
twobob

Kindle 3. needs some love still but meh... It now builds and runs.

Gonna take a quick break and revisit.

(Keyboard shortcuts required for clicking top menu I think would be simplest)
Unless someone has a better idea?

Brain now hurting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_196.png
Views:	359
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	101766  

Last edited by twobob; 02-23-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #64
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Where exit button? Button resizing doesn't work or you use previous version?
anakod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakod View Post
You can only exit from landscape mode.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #66
twobob

Quote:
I was testing the Latest code - with the alleged "auto resizing" in that screenshot.

As you can see it didn't "resize"

And since it is IMPOSSIBLE to select anything from that menu currently until the keybindings (or 5-way navigation) are fixed it was listed as "seconday issue."

I'm right in the middle of testing the Latest KUAL release (or trying to be) so at the moment I am juggling.

I got it to build, that was step one.

Make it actually click-able, and fit on the screen is step two

update when I manage to finish up the KUAL testing.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #67
anakod
Enthusiast
anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anakod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question

Hmmm, I don't understand:

1) my desktop: btns resizing work, img resizing work;
2) KT: btns resizing work, img resizing no;
3) K3: btns resizing no, img resizing no;
4) Paperwhite - not tested..
Why? What can be different? Screen width on K3 is 600px, yes?

twobob, please commit you changes to SVN.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #68
twobob

will do.

The only changes I had to make I indicated in the comments.

just two simple uses of the older SENSITIVE call.

What with the KUAL testing, Supporting 50% of the posted MR dev corner threads and some tricky personal issues lately it has been a tough few days.

My apologies. will attempt to make time to get this "actually working nicely" today and commit. : D

Last edited by twobob; 02-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #69
twobob

Quote:
Hmmm, I don't understand:

1) my desktop: btns resizing work, img resizing work;
2) KT: btns resizing work, img resizing no;
3) K3: btns resizing no, img resizing no;
4) Paperwhite - not tested..
Why? What can be different? Screen width on K3 is 600px, yes?

twobob, please commit you changes to SVN.
yes 800x600 mate.

Shall I make this a BRANCH???

Thoughts on that?

Last edited by twobob; 02-24-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #70
twobob

Still fiddling about attempting to make the navigation "MAKE SENSE" on all devices.

K4 I am looking at you.

update when I have one.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #71
briant1234
Enthusiast
briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.briant1234 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kindle Touch
the explorer doesnt seem to launch any advice?
briant1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #72
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by briant1234 View Post
the explorer doesnt seem to launch any advice?
Wait until it is done?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #73
twobob

To be honest I am struggling to refactor this "as-is"

The tree-views Items linkage to the top menu make no sense on non-touch devices.

will revisit tomorrow..

I'm torn between pop-up menus or switching to the top menu when a file is CLICKED
the second option is the most likely solution that would work neatly on all devices.

Keyboard short-cuts are obviously out. (though I may add some in later)
the nice SEARCH BY TEXT facility is sweet though on the K3 now

I stumped up the extra cash required from the KUAL fund to get the Kindle 4, I REALLY have to test the solution on the worst device for the job. Update when I have one.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #74
anakod
Enthusiast

I'm try to add "screenWidth = 600;" and run on my PaperPwhite.

All works fine - btns resizing work, img resizing work;
baf, can you see what happened on KT, why images doesn't resizing. What happens if you explicitly set the size of them?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #75
twobob

Hi.

Should I make this a branch or not.
Thinking that the non-touch devices are going to be using a menu that may LOOK the same but will react differently.

Thanks