Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
PW craze on ebay sites - prices astronomical!

This is crazy! I just checked how much a PW goes for on the German Ebay site, and some WiFi (WLAN) ones are around $300 already!!
Ebay.de PW listings ~ EURO to USD conversion on XE.com

Amazon lists them as available some time in mid-January for the WiFi ones and some time in January for the 3G ones, so the prices will likely go up the closer we get to Christmas!!

Last edited by xendula; 12-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I just went to the Paperwhite site on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwh...rds=paperwhite

Dec 21, 2012, is the expected shipping date for the WiFi Special Offer and non-Special Order models. However, I have Prime membership and that date may only apply to Prime members.

The price is $ 119 and $ 139 for the Special Offer and non-Special Offer models. That translates to 91.665 and 107.071 Euros at today's conversion rate.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-06-2012 at 09:46 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I just went to the Paperwhite site on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperwh...rds=paperwhite

Dec 21, 2012, is the expected shipping date for the WiFi Special Offer and non-Special Order models. However, I have Prime membership and that date may only apply to Prime members.

The price is $ 119 and $ 139 for the Special Offer and non-Special Offer models. That translates to 91.665 and 107.071 Euros at today's conversion rate.

OP is in Germany. US shipping dates are irrelevant.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

eBay speculators I assume. I've seen them do this in the past a lot with popular items that are difficult to get, especially around Xmas. I think it was the Sony PlayStation I or II that was released near Xmas a few years ago, but only a handful were available. Speculators stood in lines to buy them and bought as many as they could then put them on eBay at several times their sale price!

I also saw a lot of Sony PRS-950 eInk readers on eBay for ridiculous prices after speculators bought up the discontinued units and marked up the prices.

Last edited by jswinden; 12-06-2012 at 12:12 PM.