Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #346
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by circulus View Post
Hmm, new version is here: http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-58246-1-1.html, but, of course, not downloadable due to use terrible and slow Chinese "filesharing services". In world exist bambilion filesharing service, but chinese Duokan enginers must use this crappy thing. Why? I think about, they probably do not want to Duokan spread among humans.
LOL, these are tipical examples of poorly made advertisement based Chinese download website. You see about 10 download icons in one page, yet none of them points to the true downdload link.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #347
residentour
residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.residentour is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3
Here you go, I have uploaded.
Duokan 2012 R 2.2 fast Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49863600/(k3...0C6866.rtm.zip
residentour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #348
circulus
circulus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Oki, thanks for sharing, but I have Kindle 4 NT But, don't worry, Karma is comming
circulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:52 PM   #349
DonKarlosOn
DonKarlosOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
How to upgrade your version of Duokan 2012 if there is no Wi-Fi?
DonKarlosOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #350
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKarlosOn View Post
How to upgrade your version of Duokan 2012 if there is no Wi-Fi?
  1. download the package.
  2. Copy Dk_System OVER the existing one. (confirm overwrtings and mergings)
  3. menu>settings>menu>Restart

Last edited by thomass; 03-09-2012 at 01:34 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #351
donB006
Connoisseur
donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.donB006 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle k3G 3.4.2; DXG 2.5.8; DXG 3.1; Iriver Story HD
Kindle DXG and Duokan Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
Can we install the Lite version of Duokan on a Kindle DX after installing the Kindle 3 software on the latter? (does the jailbreak make this impossible?)
Did you try Duokan Lite on your DX with the Kindle 3 upgrade?

I have a K3G with 3.1 and would like use that to update my DXG 2.5.8 now having old Duokan. I know Duokan Lite won't work with 2.5.8 and wonder if Lite would work with 3.1 or better. I am now using the old Duokan with barely adequate results and expect the Duokan Lite would be better for the DXG. I doubt the Duokan would know the difference between the K3G with 3.1 and the DXG with 3.1 unless the installer refuses.

I did use the yifanlu updater to make a restore of 2.5.8 just to be safe before installing Duokan 2011_5_20 and had to uninstall the jailbreak to get the Duokan install to work so maybe that would be the same after doing the update. I hesitate to do the upgrade and attempt to install Duokan Lite on my DXG if nobody else has gotten that to work before. I would still like to use Duokan if I can't use Duokan Lite so would have to restore the 2.5.8 if there was no way with 3.1. My K3G is about a thousand miles away now so I have to wait a couple of months to do the upgrade when I can finally get my K3G and DXG together so I would like to know if this will be possible then because I haven't seen a good answer to this question.

Has anybody gotten the Duokan Lite to work with DX upgraded to Kindle 3 software?

Has anybody tried to install Duokan Lite on a DX upgraded to Kindle 3 software?
donB006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #352
DonKarlosOn
DonKarlosOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
  1. Copy Dk_System OVER the existing one. (confirm overwrtings and mergings)
The contents of folders is not exactly the same ... Some files are missing in the distribution.
DonKarlosOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #353
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKarlosOn View Post
The contents of folders is not exactly the same ... Some files are missing in the distribution.
Just trust me
Download the archieve and copy it (only DK_System folder) over the existing one.

Last edited by thomass; 03-10-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #354
nix4096
nix4096 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G)
Quote:
Originally Posted by residentour View Post
Here you go, I have uploaded.
Duokan 2012 R 2.2 fast Download link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49863600/(k3...0C6866.rtm.zip
Thats wonderful. Just what I need. Thanks a lot
nix4096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #355
thomass
Wizard

mediafire mirrors for R2.2 available here

thanks to kiedis
Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #356
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
There is a way to use a .mobi dictionary in duokan?
I need a dictionary only italian, and I have a .mobi one.
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #357
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by antartide View Post
Unfortunately only supported format is stardict. There are some stardict dictionary sources on the first post.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #358
kiedis
kiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litterkiedis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by circulus View Post
Hmm, new version is here: http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-58246-1-1.html, but, of course, not downloadable due to use terrible and slow Chinese "filesharing services". In world exist bambilion filesharing service, but chinese Duokan enginers must use this crappy thing. Why? I think about, they probably do not want to Duokan spread among humans.
mirrors at mediafire.com:

(k3)2012-03-08 C6866.rtm.zip

(k4 non-touch)2012-03-08 C6866.rtm.zip

kiedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #359
antartide
antartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with othersantartide plays well with others

Device: Kindle 4 NT
I have found some dictionary monolanguage:
http://www.7steps.it/downloads/Downloads/Stardict.html
=)
antartide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #360
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Duokoan StarDict issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by antartide View Post
Unfortunately, the StarDict support in Duokan is rather limited:

1. Automatic word lookup in ebooks does not work if the word contains accented characters, umlauts and other Latin characters not found in English.
2. Duokan does not support StarDict dictionaries with inflections even though StarDict does support them. (StarDict dictionaries with inflections come with a .syn file.)
3. Duokan does not display StarDict dictionaries with HTML codes in them correctly.

The only positive thing about Duokan's StarDict support is that it supports dictionary lookup for some languages currently not supported by Kindle 3s. For example, you can look up words in Russian ePubs if you install a Russian StarDict dictionary.

For these reasons, and because the quality of StarDict dictionaries usually leaves much to be desired, I'd recommend using the Kindle firmware for books in languages for which commercial Mobipocket dictionaries exist and dictionary lookup works.
Simply install Kindle Previewer, which will automatically convert ePubs to .mobi books if you open an ePub book with it.

For all other languages the best way to get a good StarDict dictionary is to find a suitable Babylon .bgl dictionary file and convert it with StarDict Editor. (You'll have to first compile the .bgl file to a .babylon file and then compile the .babylon file to a StarDict file.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf