Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Arrow Honeycomb versions (3.01 to 3.2)

Really strange.
I've bought my Honeycomb tablets around the same time (all in Germany, 2 from providers, 2 from Saturn Electronic market).
From what I understand, basically all use the stock version. So updates (theoretically) shouldn't be a problem and there shouldn't be any reasons for delays...
Still, the updates get released without much (for me) logic behind it.

I've got:
Motorola Xoom [WiFi + 3G] = 3.01
Acer Iconia [WiFi] = 3.1
Asus Eee Pad Transformer [WiFi] = 3.2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v [WiFi + 3G] = 3.01

My impressions:
a.) 3G models obviously get updated later.
b.) Rollout of the versions differs significantly between the countries.
c.) Rollout seems vendor dependent.
d.) Looking at my 4 tablets, the smaller manufacturers seem to be faster. Maybe it's because there's no involvement of providers (WiFi only)? Maybe it's because they use the stock version of Honeycomb (did Motorola or Samsung change anything?)?
e.) Maybe the "big" manufacturers have shipped more units and it takes more time to bring the updates to all of those units?

Which version do you have?
(Country and model of your tablet).
Did you get a regular update? Or did you flash it yourself?
Any ideas about the delays for some tablets?

Last edited by mgmueller; 08-10-2011 at 06:57 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote