Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
paula-t
Edge User

Firefox for Android: Does anyone know which ARMv has EE?

The "device" page in Entourage website only shows where to buy Pocket Edge.
There is no information, either marketing or technical, about Entourage Edge (10.2"), so I cannot check this information at their website any longer. EE has vanished from the website.

I have tried to install Firefox for Android yesterday, under Ermine.
I tried three versions (Fennec is the name given to Firefox for Android during development).

1) fennec-4.1a1pre.multi.eabi-arm.apk (the latest) ---> failed, installation aborted.

2) fennec-4.0b5-multi.eabi-arm.apk ---> failed, installation aborted.

3) fennec-4.0b2-multi.eabi-arm.apk ---> installation apparently done. The Firefox icon actually appeared in my desktop among the rest of the applications. But when I opened it, the message went: "Your device does not meet the minimum requirements".

I checked at Mozilla website and they say that the current version was developed for devices with ARMv7, Android 2.0 or higher, and 512 Ram.

RAM and Android version are okay, but maybe the problem was ARMv7?
Which is our ARM version in EE?

Has anyone been able to run Firefox successfully?
So far, I have read it is still too heavy and slow, it takes a lot of space, and still without flash, but with many potentialities and capabilities such as sync History, Bookmarks, Passwords, etc. with Firefox in all your other computers... This is a great possibility. I have Firefox synched (desktop and laptop) and it is very convenient.

Have a fine Sunday.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

I recall hearing that the eDGe uses a Marvel chip that is ARMv5.

Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

Yes, it is a Marvel Armada PXA168, which has ARMv5 architecture.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
paula-t
Edge User

Thanks, Adiposius and Boris, I will write down the information.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #5
Ben
Edge User

Have there been any successful installs of firefox? I cant seem to get the emulator to work at 2.1 and 2.2 with the market it keeps rebooting and i would really love to put ff on my ee.. the default browser has issues with my school forums...

Advert