Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
leonardevens
leonardevens began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Night mode in EZ PDF Reader?

I am using the app EZ PDF Reader on my Nook Color. It works pretty well, but there doesn't seem to be a manual so I have to work everything out by trial and error.

There is a SETTINGS option in one of its menus. I don't know whether these are specific to the EZ Reader or meant to be general settings. But it is possible using these settings to set the foreground and background night view colors. But I can't see how to put the reader in night mode.

If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.
leonardevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Night mode in ezPDF only works when the text is reflowed...unfortunately. Once you're in reflow mode the setting menu will show a "Night mode" option.

RepliGo's night mode works in both "Layout" and "Reflow" settings.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
megrose0222
megrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it ismegrose0222 knows what time it is

Device: nook color
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardevens View Post
I am using the app EZ PDF Reader on my Nook Color. It works pretty well, but there doesn't seem to be a manual so I have to work everything out by trial and error.

There is a SETTINGS option in one of its menus. I don't know whether these are specific to the EZ Reader or meant to be general settings. But it is possible using these settings to set the foreground and background night view colors. But I can't see how to put the reader in night mode.

If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know.
Im pretty sure its not possible. I had this issue when I first got my nook and then tried to find easier pdf readers for it. But in the end I downloaded Calibre and converted them to EPUB. Trust me its way better!!!!! I can change to night mode, get descriptions of books and it saves my bookmarks for me. If you have any questions feel free to email me. I have used it to convert all my 2500 pdf files and havent looked back and wont read PDFs anymore. It also will then put all your books that you want right onto your nook. Its awesome!

Meg
Megrose0222@gmail.com
megrose0222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
leonardevens
leonardevens began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Night mode in ezPDF only works when the text is reflowed...unfortunately. Once you're in reflow mode the setting menu will show a "Night mode" option.

RepliGo's night mode works in both "Layout" and "Reflow" settings.

=X=
Thanks for responding.

I had already figured out that Reflow mode would allow Night Mode for EZ PDF Reader.

I had downloaded Repligo at one time, but I later downloaded EZ PDF Reader, and for some reason I found it easier to use. But I just went back to Repligo, because of your remark, and found that it may be preferable. As you pointed out, it has a Night Mode and it also has much better Help facilities than EZ PDF Reader.

I see the standard way to put Repligo in Night Mode, but there seems to be another way which I haven't figured out. It seems that if I tap or do something near the top of the screen, even when settings have not be brought up, it goes into Night Mode. But I can't digure out just what I did to do that. Do you know what it might be?
leonardevens is offline   Reply With Quote