Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-03-2010, 04:12 AM   #1
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Diesel ebooks download problem

Is anyone else unable to download ebooks from their Diesel ebook shelf?

Or unable to download new purchases?

I'm on a Mac now, but have also tried on a PC and on both I get asked to log into my account again, and then get an error message:

You searched for: ""

I've been through their knowledge base, turned off pop-up blocking, tried in both Firefox and Safari, but I always get the same result.

Diesel refunded my money for the book I purchased but couldn't download - but I really would like to get a fix for the problem so I can buy other books. I've bought books from them in the past and it's been a fantastic ebook store.

best,
Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi Pamela,
I have been purchasing my ebooks from Diesel for some time now. Never had any problems downloading until yesterday. I purchased two books ePub for my Sony. One of them downloaded just fine but the second book didn't. I kept getting a message saying Territory Restriction, and tellling me to contact Diesel which I did. I sent an email explaining what happened. No reply yet. Both books appear on my bookshelf and my Credit card was charged. So I'm feeling a bit miffed. Hope to get it sorted soon.

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
I think this is an ongoing problem... I managed to fix it after quite a lot of emailing with Diesel ebooks support, by paying by credit card rather than paypal.

However, I recently "purchased" one of their free promotional ebooks - but I couldn't download it, and support wrote back to me that they were trying to solve an error...

Hope it all gets sorted - because they've lovely ebooks at lovely prices.

Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Pamela,

No reply to my email yet. I suppose I'll have to allow for the weekend. Tried to download again from the email link also from my Diesel Bookshelf. NO JOY. Keep getting same message. Will wait another day or so. If I don't hear from them I'll send another email. I hope they get it sorted whatever the problem is. They are one of my favourite eBook sites but this little "glitch" is making me wary about future purchases. Thanks for your info, much appreciated.

Slan
Mag.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer

Hi Pamela,

Just to let you know. I received a reply to my emails today. Diesel eBooks have given me a full refund. In their words. "The error was due to recent changes in distribution by the publishers.
All territorial contracts were revamped 4.1.2010 and many publishers now restrict titles outisde of the US. All retailers, including Diesel eBooks, have been impacted by this recent change". I can't help but get the feeling that the net is closing in, and it's becoming more difficult to purchase the books we want to due to those abhorrent geographic restrictions. When will the publishers wake up and give the customer a fair deal. Don't they want our money?

Slan
Mag.
Advert