Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #106
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
I got it!!! How cool can a talking-signing card be! And Mall's beautiful!!!

Thank you very much, and thanks to Mallory too!

YAY!!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #107
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
I got it!!! How cool can a talking-signing card be! And Mall's beautiful!!!

Thank you very much, and thanks to Mallory too!

YAY!!
I'm glad that you liked it! I didn't know it had a song on it when I bought it. I was mainly looking for a recordable card, so everytime I opened it, it scared the heck outta' me!

BTW, while we were at Hallmark I saw a line of greeting cards that I've never seen before, called "Zelda Wisdom"! Rather than psocks all dressed up as sunflowers, pirates, cats, dogs etc. they all have a bulldog dressed up in special outfits! Do you think that this could be related to our own Queen Z? If you want to check out the website...
http://www.zeldawisdom.com
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #108
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks AlecE for the postcard of Ludlow! A six mile walk in the country with stops for delicious food and drink along the way does sound like "hard work!" I hope you've recovered from that laborious hike!

(It's nice to see postcards still popping up! It's the best mail we've enjoyed in a long time!)
Old 08-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #109
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thanks Elsi for the armadillo from Amarillo! Mallory came in with the mail and asked me if I know what the word armadillo meant. I'm thinking, something to do with armor? Well, as a matter of fact, I was kind of close! It means "little armored one" she tells me. Our fun fact for the day!

Thanks again! This has been such a fun and educational experience!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #110
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecE View Post
Hi, finally returned from durance vile in a location lacking mobile broadband - ouch! Please say "Thank you" to Mallory for the postcard, complete with Bambi - it was most thoughtful and very much appreciated.
This location lacking mobile broadband was deepest, darkest Ludlow, so surprise, surprise, there will probably be a card from there falling through the letterbox sometime. Suppose I'd better confess that I'm seeing friends in the Dordogne in September.......
In the summer of 1990, I -- along with 80 others in our choral group -- made a concert tour in England. One of the highlights was singing a concert at Ludlow parish church. The first half of the program was performed by a young British organist who had just completed his degree at Oxford. One piece on his program was Variations on America by Charles Ives. This is an arrangement of the tune "America", also known as "My Country 'Tis of Thee", and "God Save the Queen". It starts with an extended fanfare, segues into a rather straight-forward pass thru the tune and then twists off into some amazing variations including a ragtime version and some jazz-like twists. (If you want to hear a very good rendition, see this video on YouTube.)

So there I sit in the front row of the chorus, my knees about four feet from the ladies in the front row of the audience. The organist starts in to the piece and as people begin to recognize the tune, you can see their discomfort. First it's "do we stand?" Then it's "are we offended?" And I'm about to bust a gusset laughing silently. I've got my hand over my mouth, tears are running down my cheeks, and I'm having to just look at my lap 'cause if I look up one more time I'm going to lose it. Fortunately, there was an interval ("intermission" for us Americans) before we had to stand up and sing. I was able to get it back under control before we plunged into Dvorak's Stabat Mater.

Last edited by Elsi; 08-26-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #111
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thanks Elsi for the postcard of Texas bluebonnets and the postcard from Colorado and it's wildflowers! I hope you are enjoying your trip! It's so nice of you to think of my daughter on your travels with all of the postcards you've sent!

I do plan on putting together some sort of collage of all of the postcards she's received and posting some pics of them!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #112
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thank you so much Elsi for all of the postcards from your trip! Texas, Colorado and Kansas! You picked out some great ones that we can use for history, geography (social studies in general)! I hope you had a wonderful trip! You and kazbates have really supplied us with postcards from different states!

You all have my deepest appreciation!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #113
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Thank you so much Elsi for all of the postcards from your trip! Texas, Colorado and Kansas! You picked out some great ones that we can use for history, geography (social studies in general)! I hope you had a wonderful trip! You and kazbates have really supplied us with postcards from different states!
Thanks Elsi for the card from Alabama too! Wow! How many states are you covering on your trip?! Thanks for thinking of us!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #114
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thank you so much Elsi for all of the postcards and stamps from Ireland!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful travels with us!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #115
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Thank you so much Elsi for all of the postcards and stamps from Ireland!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful travels with us!
It was my pleasure. I bought two copies of each card that I sent so that I'd have one to keep. We had a grand trip and I hope you and Mallory enjoyed looking up the various places we visited.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:57 PM   #116
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thank you so much to Kashue for the postcard and stamps from Poland! You are the first one to send my daughter a postcard from Poland!
Old 10-20-2009, 03:14 AM   #117
Kashue
NightStalker
Kashue doesn't litterKashue doesn't litterKashue doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-600
it was a pleasure for me
Kashue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:29 PM   #118
rebarnmom
Wizard

Muchos Gracias to Madre de GeoLib for the postcard and stamps from Jerusalem, Israel! How cool! Thoughtfulness runs in the family! Please thank her for us! I hope she had a wonderful trip!

Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #119
rebarnmom
Wizard

Thank you so much and karma to S/V Willow for the postcard and stamp from New Zealand, our first from your country!

BTW, Welcome to MobileRead S/V Willow. I see that you are very new here! Learning that you are living on a yacht, perhaps I should say "Welcome Aboard!" Brand-spanking new and already sending us a postcard! I have been touched by the response we've received from the newest of MobileRead members, as there's been quite a few!

Last edited by rebarnmom; 11-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.