Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 10:11 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm sure there will be a large-screen CyBook at some point during 2010, once the 9.7" PVI screens enter full production.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
I don't know, but why Bookeen will only stick with OEM manufacturer? They could do their own hardware. The presented device will look like no other I ever seen actually.

The video from youtube was posted by me, I found it here http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/lif...sector-at-ces/ and wanted to share it on mobileread on the french part of the forum ^^ Funny to found it here
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #18
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Jon, your where the one trolling there, not Harry....
Excuse me, but I'm sure Jon's comment was on topic, while Harry's was direct attack on Jon ( the type that's usually excusee by saying 'I put emoticon there' later).
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

There is a big difference between HarryT and Jon.

HarryT is a moderator of MobileRead, where Jon is not.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 PM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Excuse me, but I'm sure Jon's comment was on topic, while Harry's was direct attack on Jon ( the type that's usually excusee by saying 'I put emoticon there' later).
Jon's comment may have been on topic, but that was not the problem!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #21
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post

No, you don't get it! Jon was deliberately trying to be negative and Harry just gave him a friendly nudge! But let's please get back on topic again. Godzil, if you know that the Orizon is not made by Netronix, any info who's making it?

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-09-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:

I believe people should be able to express their sentiments as part of discussion, so I don't see why such ad personam comment was neccessary... ridiculing a discussion participant by a moderator wasn't customary here in the past.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #23
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
I believe people should be able to express their sentiments as part of discussion, so I don't see why such ad personam comment was neccessary... ridiculing a discussion participant by a moderator wasn't customary here in the past.
Krystian, do you think that Jon isn't old and smart enough to defend himself? You're obviously using this to voice your discontent! Please relocate this discussion to the feedback section and let us know what you think is wrong, okay?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #24
Krystian Galaj
Guru

Okay.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #25
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
A big Opus
That was my first thought when I saw the pictures. Seems to be a scaled up version of the Opus with the touch and Wifi added. Looks good.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #26
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
That was my first thought when I saw the pictures. Seems to be a scaled up version of the Opus with the touch and Wifi added. Looks good.
I am especially curious about that screen because there seems to be not a lot of glare on that device!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #27
Godzil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Godzil, if you know that the Orizon is not made by Netronix, any info who's making it?
No I don't know, I just speculate. They speak about capacitiv touch panel, the only one I heard actually is the Sipix one that can be use with. Eink is for not only resistive touch panel. And I doubt that Netronix, with their link with PVI will sell other screen than Eink/PVI's one.

And I think that if Bookeen want to grow, they should design and manufacturate themself without using an OEM like Netronix
Old 01-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #28
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
No I don't know, I just speculate. They speak about capacitiv touch panel, the only one I heard actually is the Sipix one that can be use with. Eink is for not only resistive touch panel. And I doubt that Netronix, with their link with PVI will sell other screen than Eink/PVI's one.

And I think that if Bookeen want to grow, they should design and manufacturate themself without using an OEM like Netronix
Let's be serious here, they won't make their own hardware. They will just not use an OEM but order one specific device from a hardware producer!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #29
Fahrenheit 451
Book Sniffer
Fahrenheit 451 began at the beginning.

Device: Opus, SCA-EB-01
Unhappy

Quote:
The video from youtube was posted by me, I found it here http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/lif...sector-at-ces/ and wanted to share it on mobileread on the french part of the forum ^^ Funny to found it here
Somebody puts it up on their blog, you put it up on youtube, I find it and post it here. All within a matter of minutes.

And the publishing industry still thinks they can keep complete and firm control of exactly when and where their books will be published in this day and age.
Fahrenheit 451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #30
Fahrenheit 451
Book Sniffer
Fahrenheit 451 began at the beginning.

Device: Opus, SCA-EB-01
Quote:

Manufactured in France?

There's only one geographically area on this planet where low(ish) end electronic products are made.
Fahrenheit 451 is offline   Reply With Quote