Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Couple of YouTube vids of new Kindle

2 quick vids I made & uploaded to YouTube, first one is an overview, second one shows how the Kindle handles PDFs. If there's something specific you want to see displayed on the Kindle or any features you want recording please let me know & I'll try to do that for you.

Overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umyo3D3kVQI
PDFs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crgpr1LO7ns

Last edited by Erinath; 08-26-2010 at 09:26 AM. Reason: correcting typo
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Very nice videos! I'm embedding them for you. In case you would like to do it yourself in the future use:

[YOUTUBE ]umyo3D3kVQI[ /YOUTUBE] everything past the "=" sign in the url and without the spaces inside the brackets

BTW, love your name!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thanks Daffy, I'm just in the progress of uploading a third one showing the experimental web browser.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #4
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Can you do something on highlighting and note taking?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #5
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
well done, love to see more of your videos!!!
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Web browsing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
Just having a couple of difficulties trying that out, will give it another couple of attempts then report back with what I find.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Thanx while the rest of us wait ;-D

Hi Erinath
Thanx for your videos and demonstrations.
Hope you get time to actually read on your K3, while I wear out keyboards pressing F5 to see my order change status from "being prepared" to shipped, and then stressing all tracking systems to see where me K3 is at.
Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Quote:
Have played round with it a bit more & it lacks finesse, just want to try it out on another pdf & see if it's the same results or not.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the videos, greatly appreciated. Can you make the little magnifying window go away when you want? It'd be kind of distracting trying to read with that box in the way.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #10
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
Erinath, thanks for the videos! It's nice to see one in action while I keep checking my email every 5 minutes to see if mine has shipped yet.
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Quote:
Old 08-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #12
warp
Connoisseur
warp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
interesting books on your kindle, congrats!! I can't wait until mine arrives here..
warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
Erinath
Shy Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp View Post
interesting books on your kindle, congrats!! I can't wait until mine arrives here..
Thanks, all bar 2 of my Kindle books were free, the other 2 cost my £0.75 each. Hope yours arrives soon.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
Thanks for the video. Is it possible to search for highlights and notes or do you have to find them yourself, page by page?
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
readingforfun
readingforfun began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Possible to get a video to show a magazine loading on the kindle 3? like pdf magazine
readingforfun is offline   Reply With Quote