Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
tolovana
tolovana began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can't Uninstall UFHack

I've searched a number of times, and can't find where someone else has had this issue, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a Kindle 2. I installed the font hack some time ago, and have had not issues. I wanted to update to the new Kindle software, of course, so today, I downloaded the UFHack uninstaller, and copied it to my kindle – after calling it, it fails during the second step, and shows a U004 in the lower left of the screen.
What could prevent the uninstall from working? I show version 2.0.3 of the Kindle software with UFHack 0.1 on the settings page, after attempting the uninstall.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!
tolovana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #2
jyavenard
Zealot
jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jyavenard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovana View Post
I've searched a number of times, and can't find where someone else has had this issue, and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a Kindle 2. I installed the font hack some time ago, and have had not issues. I wanted to update to the new Kindle software, of course, so today, I downloaded the UFHack uninstaller, and copied it to my kindle – after calling it, it fails during the second step, and shows a U004 in the lower left of the screen.
What could prevent the uninstall from working? I show version 2.0.3 of the Kindle software with UFHack 0.1 on the settings page, after attempting the uninstall.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks!
You must unstalling the font hack first otherwise the 2.3 update will not work.
If UFHack 0.1 is still showing, it means the uninstaller didn't work.
jyavenard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert