Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #151
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
oh, no daniel, it's only meant to be used with converter.exe in order to compile a new dictionary from a source, so it's not actually to be used in your PB.

Edit:
this one, though, it's an english monolingual compiled from stardict Merriam-Websters collegiate , with touchscreen support.
unzip, drag and drop in your PB /system/dictionaries
Thanks mate, looking good.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #152
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
Quote:
Originally Posted by preempalver View Post
@teofrast, here I managed to build a first draft version of Whitaker latin-english dictionary, without morphems, and txt source.
there are complete sources out there, so I think we can extrapolate a morphems.txt starting from one instead of zero.
wow!! Great!!
thank you so much.
sorry of not being helpful here.. but I already have problems with plain use of converter.exe. for exemple, I found some other latin dictionaries on the link you gave. tried conversion, but the format is dict.dz (an archive to my knowing). tried unpacking with a windows app i found on the net, at no avail (it says the file is not valid). game over. so I'll just sit here and watch you big guys doing the hard work. if you come up with working latin morphems, or with lewis-short for pb (also without morphems), you'll have my eternal gratitude (for what it's worth).
thanks again
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #153
daniel_hokkaido
Enthusiast
daniel_hokkaido began at the beginning.

Device: sonyprs 505, pocketbook pro 603
have you guys noticed some stronger than usual permanent screen specks on your pb readers? Like, a tiny speck of black which won't go away, even when the reader is powered off. I only noticed it today. just one speck.
daniel_hokkaido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #154
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: PocketBook pro 603 (Leggo IBS fw PB 2.1.3)
@teofrast:
files with extension .dz are archived with gzip compression. to unzip the content, simply rename the file extension in .gz and voila'. I think 7zip it's the best opensource program in windows for compressed files, http://www.7zip.org
preempalver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #155
teofrast
Enthusiast
teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.teofrast once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: pocketbook902
thanks preem
t
teofrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 03:42 AM   #156
willyloco
Nameless Being

convert stardict to pocketbook ??

Hi,
I am a real dummy in this dictionary business. I already converted some xdfd dictionary to pocketbook using the pocketbook converter.
But now I found some interesting, to me anyway, pali ans sanskrit dictionaries as a stardict file. I see that there are 3 files, dz , idx and ifo.
How do I proceed to make this a working pocketbook dictionary??

Is there a simple way to do it??
Old 04-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #157
preempalver
Connoisseur
preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'preempalver can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

1) Files .dz are compressed with gzip standard. you need to rename them as .gz in order to extract the files.
2) Extract the .dict file from the archive in the same directory where the .ifo file is.
3) Use stardict editor for windows: http://code.google.com/p/stardictpro...1.rar&can=2&q= to convert the .dict file in plain text (in linux usually it's in the package stardict-tools), the utility needs the .ifo and the .dict files in same directory.
4) the resultant text file is probably structured like this:
word<tab character>definitions
each word in a single row.
With a text editor ( or sed, awk in linux) substitue the tabs with 2 spaces, and you may erase most of xml tags, they're not used by converter.exe (with sed I usually change characters coded in html format with unicode characters using a small script).
5) your dictionary is ready for conversion.

the text file needs utf-8 coding to be used by converter, so better using text editors supporting that coding, for small text files I use openoffice writer or gedit.

Last edited by preempalver; 04-21-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #158
sarkash
Enthusiast
sarkash has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PB 902
also, once you have extracted the .dict file and have it together with .ifo in the same directory, you just need tofollow the Step 2 in my earlier post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=130 and you will have a working .xdxf file.
sarkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #159
willyloco
Nameless Being

Ok preempalver and sarkash.
Thanks for the help.

I used Linguae to convert the stardict files to xdfd and convert to finish.
Works like a charm.

The only problem is that for the Pali and Sanskrit dicts some characters are replaced by a square. Probably has to do with the fonts. Any idea how I can get around that??

Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #160
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Doesn't sound exactly like a font issue since the font is chosen by the reading application, more in the area of encoding and how its converted from what it was to utf8 which the converter needs for input.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #161
willyloco
Nameless Being

The dictionaries that result from stardict to xdfd by Linguae through convert to .dic have another problem. When I want to search for a word in the dictionary I get a different keyboard ( in three letterblocks) and the stylus does not work. So I have to spell it the hard way using the button on the pocketbook. Any idea how to solve this ??
Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #162
preempalver
Connoisseur

Your converter.exe is using keyboard files "old style". You need an updated converter like this:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...53&postcount=1

@sarkash:
thanks, Linguae is really interesting!

Last edited by preempalver; 04-23-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #163
willyloco
Nameless Being

The new converter solved the problem. Thanks preempalver.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #164
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
New source of dictionaries from the german forum:

http://www1.dict.cc/translation_file_request.php?l=e
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:22 AM   #165
willyloco
Nameless Being

So I tried to convert the PTS Pali-English dictionary to PB. The xdfd file is in UTF8 and shows all text as it should. After conversion most of the characters with diacritic marks are shown as white squares.
Maybe I need the special morphem, collates and keyboard .txt files for Pali??