Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
georgew21
georgew21 began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
kindleEar deploy to other platform

Hello, I have tried for several hours to upload this app to google app engine, but i have failed. This happems, i suppose, because of i wouldn't like to add billing info to google console or because of there are changes to the google app engine and it isn't compatible with the instructions.

Could you please, because i don't know programming, give me instruction how to deploy this app to other hosting server like pythonanywhere or someone else?

thanks a lot!
georgew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:08 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew21 View Post
Hello, I have tried for several hours to upload this app to google app engine, but i have failed. This happems, i suppose, because of i wouldn't like to add billing info to google console or because of there are changes to the google app engine and it isn't compatible with the instructions.

Could you please, because i don't know programming, give me instruction how to deploy this app to other hosting server like pythonanywhere or someone else?

thanks a lot!
Hmm...
"Google App" - that sounds like your application is expecting to be used on an Android system.
The gray scale Kindles, which is the subject of this forum, do not run Android. They are running Amazon/Linux.
Only the Kindle Fire (color display) runs Android.

Try a more appropriate forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2020, 04:57 AM   #3
georgew21
georgew21 began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
no, kindleear it's a Web app. https://github.com/cdhigh/KindleEar/...r/readme_EN.md

but unfortunately developer replied me that only in Google app engine can be hosted
georgew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:48 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
no, kindleear it's a Web app. https://github.com/cdhigh/KindleEar/...r/readme_EN.md

but unfortunately developer replied me that only in Google app engine can be hosted
Quote:

"your application is expecting to be used on an Android system"
Would you like the same answer in a third form?
Your application can not be used on the system provided by the gray scale Kindles, which is the subject of this forum.
Try the forum about the Kindle Fire devices rather than here. This same site does host such a forum. Ref:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=140

Last edited by knc1; 05-28-2020 at 10:51 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
idab
Banned
idab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Would you like the same answer in a third form?
Your application can not be used on the system provided by the gray scale Kindles, which is the subject of this forum.
Try the forum about the Kindle Fire devices rather than here. This same site does host such a forum. Ref:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=140
What's your problem? He isn't talking about running this APP on the Kindle itself. It's not even an Android app.

This does in fact work fine for the Kindle Paperwhite 3. I just tested it and confirmed.
idab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #6
idab
Banned
idab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic somethingidab has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:

thanks a lot!
If you don't know basic web scripting, you're best off getting a paid VPS for something like this.
idab is offline   Reply With Quote