Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 AM   #271
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Q. Why do Gorillas have large nostrils?

A. Because they have large fingers.
Or for our Jeopardy viewers:

nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #272
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Or for our Jeopardy viewers:

A. Because they need somewhere to store their straws .

Q. How many gorillas are there in Oz land ?
Q2. Why is montsnmags dressed up in a guerilla costume ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:47 AM   #273
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I can think of many more correct answers to that question, if that's how you want to play it. But I can't post them in mixed company.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:42 PM   #274
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
And what are large fingers a sign of ?
Big gloves.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #275
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Big gloves.
Correct answer - classification L nearly confirmed ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 PM   #276
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Party ?

Sorry , is there a party ?

You must be confusing me with my alter-ego in the parallel universe number 9 - CGeoff ..

So sorry Mr Guerilla ..
Okay. I'll only say this once more unless I need to say it again later.

You are invited.

Your presence is required.

This "invite" has been sent down every pants leg of the trousers of time and personally directed at every version of you, including the one with the uncountable appendages and exoskeleton (God of Gods, OmegaGeoffC, Lord of the Beach, Bringer of the Claws of Mortality, Tastes Good With Garlic Butter).

My Estate is large and patched through to every pants leg. There is more cutlery on my dinner table (OmegaGeoffC has requested that the crab-fork be absent) than there are atoms in several universes.

YOU WILL BE THERE! (in fact, since it will be occurring in the past, I can assure you that you were there).

So, everyone, enough with the "I'm not sure I want to go to this party". You are. You were. Now shut-up and enjoy.

[mumbles "Godsdamn them I slave over a hot stove for several months trying to bring a little jolly darkness into the lives of all these sentient meatbags and this is the kind of thanks I get sometimes I think it's just not worth the bother and I should just stop pumping Cthulhu full of Long Island Iced Ennui and let him have at them all ungrateful bastards mumblegrumble..."]

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #277
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Q2. Why is montsnmags dressed up in a guerilla costume ?
Guerilla? Costume?

Etymologically speaking, make pastry; not war.

Cheers,
Marc (O Gibbon my Gibbon! our fearful trip is done...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #278
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Okay. I'll only say this once more unless I need to say it again later.

You are invited.

Your presence is required.

This "invite" has been sent down every pants leg of the trousers of time and personally directed at every version of you, including the one with the uncountable appendages and exoskeleton (God of Gods, OmegaGeoffC, Lord of the Beach, Bringer of the Claws of Mortality, Tastes Good With Garlic Butter).

My Estate is large and patched through to every pants leg. There is more cutlery on my dinner table (OmegaGeoffC has requested that the crab-fork be absent) than there are atoms in several universes.

YOU WILL BE THERE! (in fact, since it will be occurring in the past, I can assure you that you were there).

So, everyone, enough with the "I'm not sure I want to go to this party". You are. You were. Now shut-up and enjoy.

[mumbles "Godsdamn them I slave over a hot stove for several months trying to bring a little jolly darkness into the lives of all these sentient meatbags and this is the kind of thanks I get sometimes I think it's just not worth the bother and I should just stop pumping Cthulhu full of Long Island Iced Ennui and let him have at them all ungrateful bastards mumblegrumble..."]

Cheers,
Marc
Or as we said long ago, "Be there or be square."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:50 PM   #279
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
vr gave me karma today and made my karma fortune change to
"zelda pinwheel really knows where her towel is."

the towel fortune was admittedly a tiny bit funnier in relation to PlanetHead's avatar, however this does not lessen my delight at such a brilliant manifestation of accidentally synchronous silliness. so in case you were wondering at all, i'll be keeping my current avatar at least until my karma fortune changes again, because i just couldn't bear to mess that up.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:52 PM   #280
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
pssst! That's not the road to karma, my dear.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #281
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
no no, you misunderstand my intentions : i just wanted to make sure no-one missed out on this hilarious, hilarious conjunction.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 PM   #282
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
At what past date are you planning to hold this shindig? I'll have to check my calendar to make sure I wasn't somewhere else....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #283
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
vr gave me karma today and made my karma fortune change to
"zelda pinwheel really knows where her towel is."

the towel fortune was admittedly a tiny bit funnier in relation to PlanetHead's avatar, however this does not lessen my delight at such a brilliant manifestation of accidentally synchronous silliness. so in case you were wondering at all, i'll be keeping my current avatar at least until my karma fortune changes again, because i just couldn't bear to mess that up.
You missed His or her towel is. It's a guy thing where one is useless in house chores.
I had the same karma fortune tag and failed at keeping it. Guess I wasn't worthy. Did I misplace one?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #284
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You missed His or her towel is. It's a guy thing where one is useless in house chores.
I had the same karma fortune tag and failed at keeping it. Guess I wasn't worthy. Did I misplace one?
Sorry, sorry. I gave karma to both of you and flipped the towel thing from Yvan to Zelda. Towel things happen.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:38 PM   #285
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
I will speak to Alex and NatCh and see if we can generate some negative karma for you to return your memory to its prior state where it did know where your towel was. (Although it is not the policy of this forum to issue negative karma, perhaps in your case they will make an exception.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda