Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #31
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
My latest message there might help you, too, then.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #32
dayveeboi
dayveeboi began at the beginning.

Device: PW3,PW4
Thank you very much for the fast response. I followed the thread you linked and was able to restore my JB using the emergency_bridge.zip in your most recent reply there.

I appreciate all your help, thanks.
dayveeboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:51 PM   #33
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
So, I came here when I updated to 5.12.3 and lost access to ;log mrpi, and MrTick's OP solved the problem for me (as I reported back on p. 2, post #27, of this thread).

This old dog hasn't learned though, and I allowed a Kindle update to 5.12.5 and promptly lost my screensavers (which is the only reason I really love my jailbreak).

Re-followed OP steps, then was able to install -- by UYK -- the latest jailbreak hotfix from Niluje's snapshot thread, followed by his latest KUAL hotfix update. I was happy not to get the dreaded 007 error message and thought I might be OK.

But searching everywhere for ;log mrpi still doesn't find or do anything (other than "there are no results"). Tried a few restarts for good measure. Even installed Coplate's KUAL hotfix for the heck of it and then retried.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

EDIT: I don't know quite what happened -- it may just have been a second or third restart of my Kindle in my frustration, but all of a sudden ;log mrpi worked again and re-installed all my hacks. Hooray! So it's doable on 5.12.5, but don't ask me quite how I eventually got there....

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 06-16-2020 at 04:00 PM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:53 PM   #34
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
@rogerinnyc, have you tried MRInstaller button in KUAL?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #35
MrTick
Enhtusiast
MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrTick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 DxG PW1 KV PW4
For the script from post #1 to work you need to restart twice.
After first restart emergency.sh updates debug_cmds.json, but it's not taken into use up till the second restart.
MrTick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
;log