Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Cool book for people who like bacteria

A Field Guide to Bacteria by Betsey Dexter Dyer. Unfortunately not on Kindle, alas (I just KNOW this is a conspiracy). Nonetheless a neat gift for any amateur microbiologists in your life...describes how to recognize (without a microscope) many of the common bacteria you're likely to meet and instructions for making simple cultures. I bought it for my sister a while back and she liked it
MartinParish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinParish View Post
A Field Guide to Bacteria by Betsey Dexter Dyer. Unfortunately not on Kindle, alas (I just KNOW this is a conspiracy). Nonetheless a neat gift for any amateur microbiologists in your life...describes how to recognize (without a microscope) many of the common bacteria you're likely to meet and instructions for making simple cultures. I bought it for my sister a while back and she liked it
That sounds interesting. Back years ago, I remember we would all file straight out of the Microbiology lab holding our hands out in front of us and go straight to the restroom to scrub them again! Loved those labs -- I was a Biology major.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Try this:

http://www.amazon.com/Microcosm-Coli...dp/0307276864/

and this (a good bit heaver material than the Zimmer)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0309089891/
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote