Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 02:57 AM   #1
JustinHorne
JustinHorne began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Nook DRM issue, help!

Well, I got my nook, and this is so far extremely frustrating.. I love the device, but:
Here's the backstory, it MIGHT be relevant...
I ordered a nook late october, for the november 9 shipdate. I ended up getting it, then ebaying it. Before I did, since I really wanted the book, I registered the nook, moved The Tipping Point to My BN Archive, and deleted it off of the nook.

I then received my replacement (reordered) nook today. I downloaded The Tipping Point to the new nook after it was registered. It asked for my name and CC number. I put my name and only credit card # that BN has into it, and it said failed. I tried capitals, middle initial, everything, multiple times, no success.

I downloaded The Tipping Point to my computer, then opened it with the free BN ebook reader software. It again asked for my name and CC. I input it, and it accepted it.

I read the BN help files, and they suggested possibly changing your CC and redownloading it. I moved it to the archive again, put in a new to BN.com credit card, and redownloaded it to the nook. Again, no success using the new CC number. For the heck of it, I DLed it again to my computer. It asked for the info, I put in the name and new CC number, it acccepted it.
I have tried this on both wifi and ATT.

Any thoughts?
JustinHorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
raven312
Enthusiast
raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.raven312 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 2
Have you tried opening the file with calibre and sending it to your nook that way? Is the book showing in your library (online)?
raven312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #3
JustinHorne

If you mean removing the DRM and sending it through calibre that way, I don't know how...
I just tried "Send to Device" in calibre, so it showed up under My Documents in look, it's still asking me to verify.

Yes, it shows up on my BN.com library.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHorne View Post
I downloaded The Tipping Point to the new nook after it was registered. It asked for my name and CC number.
Did you just copy the file to nook from your computer over USB or did you download it from the B&N Library directly to nook?
Did you verify that your new nook registered under your account at B&N site?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
JustinHorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Did you just copy the file to nook from your computer over USB or did you download it from the B&N Library directly to nook?
Did you verify that your new nook registered under your account at B&N site?
Downloaded OTA on the nook, and the new nook is registered to my account and shows up under My Devices online.
Advert
Old 01-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
For what it's worth, I called up B&N's tech support on a similar DRM issue and they were very helpful. It would probably be worth it to give them a call. Even if they are not able to fix your problem, it will be reported as a bug and your money refunded.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Well, considering he's got the Tipping Point for free, I doubt anything will be refunded.

I'm puzzled as to why nook is behaving that way tho.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote