Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2015, 03:05 AM   #646
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Devise: Kobo Glo, FW 3.13.1

I bay my Glo particularly to read in English, but I find a book in Hebrew that I like to read, at first it did't work, it show only characters, so I add Hebrew font and now is work very well more than expected, it show the text and it align it to the right, also the note and highlight working.
In the Hebrew language we read form right to left and tern page from left to right, so in the Reading Settings-->Page Controls there is and that tern page option, second option form the right.
when I tap in left side of the page it turn page forward and when i tap in right side of the page it turn page backward very well, but when I swipe from left to right it turn page backward and when I swipe from right to left it turn page forward.

Can somebody check if in FW 3.15 or 3.16 the problem fixed or is there is a patch that fix the problem?

By the way I can't edit posts or add pics...
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:47 AM   #647
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@oren64: Is that EPUB or KEPUB? For Japanese KEPUB it seems it correctly inverts the swipe direction as well (you can download a Japanese EPUB book sample from pottermore.com and name it .kepub.epub). Not sure if the Kobo has a specific setting for Japanese language (but not Hebrew) or if it's a CSS setting of the book itself?

Last edited by frostschutz; 06-29-2015 at 05:59 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2015, 06:53 AM   #648
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It happen also in epub English Books so I don't think the Hebrew language is the problem.
It epub book you can download it for free http://yoaveven.co.il/.
I don't know what is CCS.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:54 AM   #649
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
oren64: As frotschutz implied, you need to send the book to the device as a kepub. For kepubs, a different renderer is used that handles the different language directions better. As a test, rename the book on the device to use the double extension ".kepub.epub". That will trigger the kepub renderer. I downloaded the book you pointed to and did this and, as far as I can tell, it displays and works properly.

Unfortunately, the rename isn't enough except as a proof that it works. You can read the book, but the reading location isn't remembered correctly. The mechanism that kepubs uses for this needs changes to the books. The simplest way to make the changes is with calibre and the KoboTouchExtended driver. This will add the extra code to the books when you send them to the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:00 AM   #650
oren64
I need a chapter break

davidfor and frostschutz thanks is working I changed the name to .kepub.epub .
Advert
Old 07-11-2015, 06:59 AM   #651
4StarGen
4StarGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
In every book I have, the annotation are messed up.
As you can see from the image below, I got 59 pages of annotations, but every note seems to be related to the 'about the author' chapter, which obv isn't true.
Also I want to point out that, if I make a new annotation, in let's say, chapter 15, all the annotation will be showed as taken in the chapter 15.
How can I fix that?

Moderator Notice
Inline image removed as it breaks image size rules. The image can be found at:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...711_125343.jpg

Last edited by Jellby; 07-11-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Remove large image
4StarGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:45 AM   #652
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4StarGen View Post
In every book I have, the annotation are messed up.
As you can see from the image below, I got 59 pages of annotations, but every note seems to be related to the 'about the author' chapter, which obv isn't true.
Also I want to point out that, if I make a new annotation, in let's say, chapter 15, all the annotation will be showed as taken in the chapter 15.
How can I fix that?
This is a long-standing bug in the EPUB reader, the annotation location is corrupted if you close and open the book after making the annotation.

However there is a simple way to work around the problem: On the device in the Digital Editions directory there is a subdirectory called Annotations. Just delete that Annotations subdirectory and everything in it, and create an ordinary file called Annotations (no extension) in its place. An empty file will do. From then on new annotations will not be corrupted, although the ones that were already corrupted before will not be repaired.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 07:56 AM   #653
4StarGen
4StarGen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Ty GeoffR, ty a lot
4StarGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #654
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Glo HD - FW 3.17.3

• After opening a document if I go to Search in book, Current read being selected as target, it selects the previously opened document instead of the current. I have to close the dialog and reopen it to get it to select the correct target.
  • Solid black is used for the transparent areas of PNG files thumbnails: to be consistent with how transparent PNGs are displayed, solid white should be used instead.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 10:22 AM   #655
melovesflying
Groupie
melovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy bluemelovesflying can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Aura 3.17.3

• Pinch-to-zoom still activates even if it has already been disabled in the settings
  • Sleep mode doesn't work when connected to a power source; it's either I turn it off or connect it to a computer when plugged into one
  • Pop-ups (connect to computer, connect to wifi, delete book, etc.) first appear cut-off/halved before refreshing automatically and displaying the image correctly.
  • Upon powering it on and opening a book, I have to tap the screen first before it displays the text; not doing so leads to a blank page (loading text automatically when a book is opened after booting up my Aura no longer works)
melovesflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #656
sebastian
Wintersmith
sebastian doesn't littersebastian doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
Kobo Aura H2O with FW 3.17.3

Since upgrading from 3.15 to 3.17.3 my reader is prone to completely freezing, mostly when waking it from sleep by opening the magnetic cover.

Sometimes the hardware on/sleep/off button still works but the touch screen is completely unresponsive. And sometimes the reader doesn't react at all and needs to be reset via the reset button at the bottom.

Is anyone else having this problem?
sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:05 AM   #657
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
My apologies if anyone has already asked this question and it has been dealt with elsewhere. I did a search but couldn't find anything which seemed to apply.

I bought a book from Kobo today, the first one I have bought for many months, being retired and on limited income. When I went to download it for Adobe Digital Editions, the download URL appeared as normal. However, when I click on it I get the following message:

Quote:
Unable to Download
Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:
E_ACT_NOT_READY
I tried doing the download and then clicking on the URL Link several times, but each time with the same result. I am not getting a solution from Kobo, who simply tell me I can get the Kobo app for my iPad and download it that way, but that means they still have the book, and I prefer to have it stored on my computer.

One possible reason I have thought of is that I haven't updated from ADE 2.0 as I read here on MR that the newer edition was blocking the good works of Apprentice Alf.

Is anyone able to advise me on the best way forward with this?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #658
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
One possible reason I have thought of is that I haven't updated from ADE 2.0 as I read here on MR that the newer edition was blocking the good works of Apprentice Alf.

Is anyone able to advise me on the best way forward with this?
You've checked your authorisation and all that malarkey? De-authorised and re-authorised ADE?

This page suggests that a downgrade may work with that particular error:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1224349

(Also I suggest taking this to a new thread: it's not a Kobo bug.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #659
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
The latest version of Apprentice Alf's tools have a version of "obok" that should be able to remove the DRM from books downloaded into the current version of Kobo Desktop.

That may be a better approach than trying to get the Adobe DRM'ed version.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:36 PM   #660
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks very much meeera and chrisridd.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app