Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
How do you like your Kobo Mini?

I already have a Sony PRS-T1 and LOVE it. The Mini I bought, was on sale and could not resist to buy it for $49. Great Christmas gift. But nobody is a reader like i am....maybe keep it for myself? But first like to know who has one and likes it as a (second) ereader device?
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
I have a Kindle Touch, a Kobo Touch and now a Kobo Mini. Like you, I couldn't resist getting it at the sale price. I love it! It's really really cute for starters. I think I squeed like a little girl when I saw how tiny it was. The screen is very readable. Some people have said that the Mini screen looks worse than the Touch screen but I haven't noticed a difference. Because of the device's size, you have to turn the page more but I don't mind. I really like that I can hold the reader in just one hand even though my hands are small. It's very comfortable for me to read on.

Overall, I would say that it's a very pleasant second (or third - gulp!) reader. It's the one I take with me to read when I have to wait someplace. Not only is the size right for travel, but if something happens to it (hopefully never), I'm only out $50.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I love mine. I think its just about perfect. It can be held / read with one hand, slips into a pocket (when not in case), still small enough when it is in a case that it will fit in a jacket pocket or messenger bag without any problem. The battery lasts a long time, especially with wifi off and page refresh set for 6 pages. The tools all work well, letting me adjust lines, fonts, and margins as needed.

I purchased it as The Glo was unavailable and I wanted something lighter than my iPad, originally thinking I would pass it on to someone when I got a Glo, but have decided to keep it.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
I love mine. I think its just about perfect. It can be held / read with one hand, slips into a pocket (when not in case), still small enough when it is in a case that it will fit in a jacket pocket or messenger bag without any problem. The battery lasts a long time, especially with wifi off and page refresh set for 6 pages. The tools all work well, letting me adjust lines, fonts, and margins as needed.

I purchased it as The Glo was unavailable and I wanted something lighter than my iPad, originally thinking I would pass it on to someone when I got a Glo, but have decided to keep it.
needs to be longer by 3/4 inch to achieve golden ratio... have glo light and micro sd card slot and folder support then it could be near ideal.

Last edited by vugtitan; 12-08-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: grunts
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
needs to be longer by 3/4 inch to achieve golden ratio... have glo light and micro sd card slot and folder support then it could be near ideal.
Tall order for a $79 device... most of its' appeal is the low price and the small size.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
I love my Kobo mini. I bought it for the ultra portability benefit and was so impressed that I went out the next day and hunted down a Kobo glo so I could synch my highlights and notes.

I am coming from several years of e-reading: kindle keyboard, kindle fire, kindle paperwhite.

Besides the portability I really enjoy being able to manipulate the font weight and the line and margin spacing.

But the Kobo feature I am most thankful for is the chapter page number - knowing that gives me a sense of where I am in the book and that for me is a comfort..

I have not used the glo enough yet to fully compare it to the Kindle paperwhite, but I will do that once I have a couple more books under the hood.

In the meantime the mini is with me constantly, I just shove it into my back pocket and go. I no longer sweat out a long line at the bank..
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #7
weasty
Enthusiast
weasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmosweasty has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle paper white, kobo mini, nook glo, iPad 3
I absolutely love mine. I have had it for about a week now and love how tiny it is. I have not had any issues reading the text. I also have a kindle paper white I read on. I have been finding though I prefer the mini due to it being so much more comfortable to hold.i only wish I had an easier time finding some of the colored snapbacks. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding them in stock anywhere.
weasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For anyone buying a Kobo Mini in Australia, Collins and Bookworld are offering a free coloured "SnapBack" with any purchase of a Mini. They are listed at $21.99. Collins don't seem to mention it, but when you put both a Mini and a snapback in the cart, the snapback is free.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
I found my Kobo mini at a Best Buy in my hometown but I didn't notice if they had covers, snapback or otherwise. Shortly after that, I picked up a K Glo at Changing Hands, a Tempe, Az independent bookstore. I did see that Changing Hands had snapbacks for the mini in stock.

So, you might check your local independent book seller.
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote