Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-19-2015, 10:49 PM   #976
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook STR w/Glo, Kindle 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No, you are not missing anything. ...
That's a bummer. I really wanted to like the Kobo--support the smaller company and all that. But it just doesn't match my usage pattern.

I picked up a Kindle Voyage today to compare, and despite needing a azw3 conversion (which I was already doing for an older Kindle), it fits what I want to do a lot better. So the Kobo's going back.

Quote:
... could you look and see if there are any logs on the device? These will be in the ".kobo" directory with the name "stack_xx.log".
Attached.

Quote:
And completely off topic, the stats on my Glo HD shows me as having read for 999.0 hours!
Congrats...? I don't think I want to know how many hours I spend reading.

Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt stack_00.log.txt (17.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: txt stack_01.log.txt (13.0 KB, 6 views)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:56 AM   #977
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
That's a bummer. I really wanted to like the Kobo--support the smaller company and all that. But it just doesn't match my usage pattern.

I picked up a Kindle Voyage today to compare, and despite needing a azw3 conversion (which I was already doing for an older Kindle), it fits what I want to do a lot better. So the Kobo's going back.
It's a pity, but it is important to choose a device that fits you, not the other way round. I think some people here forget that.
Quote:
Attached.
Thanks. The second one looks like it.
Quote:
Congrats...? I don't think I want to know how many hours I spend reading.
I wasn't boasting I just noticed the number on the home screen as "999". I like numbers like that, but am always suspicious when I see them. So I'm wondering if the counter might be stuck. I'll see later.

But thinking of the hours I've read, 999 hours seems a bit low. It should be the number of hours using any Kobo ereader. If I read one hour per day, that works out as 2.7 years. I'm at about 3.7 years with my Kobos and I would have thought my average was more than one hour a day. Plus, both my sons use Kobo's that log into my account, so should be contributing. Admittedly, one hardly reads, but for the other, an hour in a day would be a very light day.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-20-2015 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Fixed quoting
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:05 AM   #978
Kinga76
Kinga76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
When I connected my Kobo Glo to Calibre I get this information:
Failed to backup device database
*** in database main ***
On tree page 5570 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 5986
Page 210 is never used
Page 1668 is never used
Page 3290 is never used
Page 5987 is never used
Page 5988 is never used
Page 5989 is never used
Page 5990 is never used
Page 5991 is never used
Page 5992 is never used
Page 5993 is never used
Page 5994 is never used
Page 5995 is never used
Page 5996 is never used
Page 5997 is never used
Page 6002 is never used
Page 6004 is never used
Page 6005 is never used
Page 6006 is never used
Page 6008 is never used
Page 6009 is never used
Page 6010 is never used
Page 6011 is never used
Page 6012 is never used
Page 6013 is never used
Page 6014 is never used
Page 7050 is never used

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 199, in do_device_database_backup
Exception:
*** in database main ***
On tree page 5570 cell 0: 2nd reference to page 5986
Page 210 is never used
Page 1668 is never used
Page 3290 is never used
Page 5987 is never used
Page 5988 is never used
Page 5989 is never used
Page 5990 is never used
Page 5991 is never used
Page 5992 is never used
Page 5993 is never used
Page 5994 is never used
Page 5995 is never used
Page 5996 is never used
Page 5997 is never used
Page 6002 is never used
Page 6004 is never used
Page 6005 is never used
Page 6006 is never used
Page 6008 is never used
Page 6009 is never used
Page 6010 is never used
Page 6011 is never used
Page 6012 is never used
Page 6013 is never used
Page 6014 is never used
Page 7050 is never used

I never had such a problem now I dont have any reading statistics, Kobo shows book as finished, but not in statistics, just in a book list.

I have tried to compress the database in Kobo Utilities but got this : Database disk image is malformed.

Can you help me to fix this, please?
Kinga76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #979
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, those mean the database is corrupted. But, I would have expected a compress would worked. As this was during the a backup, I would recommend restoring a previous backup. If you don't have a good one, the only choice is to sign out on the device. That will replace the database with an empty one, restart the device and take you through the setup steps. Then it will reload the books that are on the device.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #980
Kinga76

Quote:
Yes, those mean the database is corrupted. But, I would have expected a compress would worked. As this was during the a backup, I would recommend restoring a previous backup. If you don't have a good one, the only choice is to sign out on the device. That will replace the database with an empty one, restart the device and take you through the setup steps. Then it will reload the books that are on the device.
Thank you so much, compress didn't worked but I did just like you said and sing out from the device and everythings works fine now. I've lost all statistics and number of read books.
I didn't have a good backup since it kept 3 kopies
Now I know more, and will remember to have a good backup.
Thanks again

In case I will have to restore a previous backup I know that it's not automatic process form Calibre. Which files and where should I copy to the device?

Last edited by Kinga76; 07-20-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:43 PM   #981
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinga76 View Post
Thank you so much, compress didn't worked but I did just like you said and sing out from the device and everythings works fine now. I've lost all statistics and number of read books.
Good to hear it is working.
Quote:
I didn't have a good backup since it kept 3 kopies
Now I know more, and will remember to have a good backup.
The utilities maintains the number of backup. But, it only removes the oldest after the backup is successful. If it finds that backup is corrupt, it renames the file and leaves the older versions there.
Quote:
Thanks again

In case I will have to restore a previous backup I know that it's not automatic process form Calibre. Which files and where should I copy to the device?
If the database is corrupt, you need to restore the "KoboReader.sqlite" file to the ".kobo" directory on the device. After doing this and disconnecting, you should restart the device.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:03 PM   #982
Kinga76

Quote:
If the database is corrupt, you need to restore the "KoboReader.sqlite" file to the ".kobo" directory on the device. After doing this and disconnecting, you should restart the device.
Thank you

Tags
kobo