Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Thumbs up Gecko Kobo Glo Leather case review

As I have not seen very much cover reviews for the Glo I decided to share my experience with the Kobo Glo Leather case here.

I have got it about 3 weeks now. Previous experiences are a leather cover for Cybook and the Amazon original leather cover for Kindle III with the build-in light.

Quality:

As soon as I got the Burgundy leather case I noticed the quality of this Gecko case. The feel is great and I like the looks of the cowhide, crinkled leather.It gives it a nice antique look.
The inside is made out of a burgundy velvet which assures the protection of the front of your screen. All the seams are neatly stitched in the colour of the case.

On the inside of the interior are two magnets incorporated in the leather to snap it tight and to assure the sleep function is working. This really is a nice feature of the Glo, especially if you like to read at night.
One of the main reasons I changed my Kindle keyboard for the Kobo Glo is the fact that it has a lighted reading screen. So all I have to do now is to close the cover and go to sleep.

The cover is on the side made of a material that makes it open and close comfortably. Reading with the cover backward is no problem at all.

Fit and usage:

Allthough there is no special device to "hook" the ereader on to the case I can assure the fit is perfect.
The reader slides nicely in the cover and the buttons on top are easily accessable.
On the bottom the USB connection is free and with the cover closed it is just a very fancy leather book.

Conclusion:

If you are looking for a quality case that is especially made for the Kobo Glo this might be your choice.

Where to get: Geckocovers

Last edited by BarnOwl; 01-02-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added link
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
I bought mine together with the Glo last week, it's a great cover!
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Thanks for the review!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
that looks nice.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
DarthGW
DarthGW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
thanks for the review.im thinking if i shld get this now or hold out for the slimfit instead
DarthGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Yeah......unfortunately the Slimfit is not available yet. I would really like to see one of those too.

@Dakini:

I love that avatar! Is that a little hedgehog you raised yourself? Lovely little creatures, they are.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
aw glad to find another hedgehog lover! we've raised them before when we've found baby hedgies in the garden, but the avatar was just a cute pic i found online! none of mine looked good at such a small size.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnOwl View Post
The cover is on the side made of a material that makes it open and close comfortably. Reading with the cover backward is no problem at all.
when you say reading with the cover backward...what do you mean exactly....do you mean flipped back behind the kobo, or just as you have it in the picture with it lying flat beside the kobo. if you mean the first, can you post a pic of that as well?
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
loco_diabolo
loco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
I bought this burgundy cover the first day it came out. As described, it lies very well in the hand.
The only bad thing is, it smells horrible when i unboxed it.
After some days i put some of my favorite perfume on it, because the smell was not better. Now i can live with it.
loco_diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
BarnOwl

Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_diabolo View Post
I bought this burgundy cover the first day it came out. As described, it lies very well in the hand.
The only bad thing is, it smells horrible when i unboxed it.
After some days i put some of my favorite perfume on it, because the smell was not better. Now i can live with it.
You must have had a bad one cause I did not smell anything out of the ordinary.

Uschiekid:

I mean folded backwards, not sidewards. I might take a picture if I have the occasion tomorrow......
Old 01-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #11
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
thanks for the review
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
ebookfraggle
ebookfraggle began at the beginning.

The burgundy cover looks reall nice, but I'm afraid it will stain my white/silver Glo.... Has anybody made experiences about that?
ebookfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Wow,

think of how many geckos you have to slaughter to get enough leather for a simple eReader cover.

Totally inhumane ;-)

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
piratepanda
Connoisseur
piratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura aboutpiratepanda has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One
The non-leather covers form Gecko are of good quality too and don't need dead animals.
piratepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone know if these are available in the UK ? Did a quick google but found nothing, also is there any where in Canada that ships to the UK that someone could recommend? The only leather one here is the standard one on Wh Smith for £39.99
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote