Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your preferred PW cover color?
Onyx Black 27 34.18%
Ink Blue 16 20.25%
Royal Purple 15 18.99%
Saddle Tan 6 7.59%
Persimmon 6 7.59%
Honey 1 1.27%
Fuchsia 8 10.13%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Paperwhite Cover Color

I have the new Paperwhite 2 on order. I currently share the original Paperwhite with my wife. She will keep the original WITH the Onyx Black cover.

I really like having a cover on the Paperwhite. The Amazon cover fits perfectly and I can throw the PW in the car or in a jacket pocket with no worries.

BUT, since my wife has dibs on the black cover I need to order a new cover and I really don't like any of the colors other then black.

So out of curiosity I thought I'd ask the obvious, assuming you use or would use one, what is your preferred color for a PW cover?
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
I purchased one of the ones from ebay....good quality, sleep magnet, fake leather (approx $15 USD and ships from Hong Kong). I got in dark brown and like it very much.

It was from here back in 2012.

Last edited by GoSharks; 09-09-2013 at 09:08 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ I have the same one in red, and the official cover in purple, which is goooorgeous.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
GoSharks: is that the oldest version, without any closing magnets?

Only GoogleProduct seems to still have it. All other vendors have the second (really bad) version, or the third; that one actually is virtually indistinguishable from the original.

I've ordered that one in black, to compare it to my current cover, where the Kindle slips into from the side. That cover is nice, but the kindle always sags and sits at a slant. I don't like any covers that have clasps, or a metal part like the original one.

See what I hate less: no closing magnet, or a slanted Kindle...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Katsunami-
Yep, original with no closing magnet (yes on sleep magnet)....much better quality than the following models. After a short while of use, cover stays completely closed and flat. I do wrap something around it when putting in backpack or carry-on. (I use a colored hairband I stole from my daughter! Works great ) Highly recommend.
Advert
Old 09-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesn't really matter that it has no closing magnet. It's cheap enough to try. If I don't like it, I'll return to my current cover. Maybe I'll also look get the third version, despite the metal magnet, which basically is a one on one copy of the original cover. The second version (which GoogleProduct stopped selling, iirc) is very ugly.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

@Katsunami-
Current link is here. FYI- got the 'teal' blue for my daughter in May...much more of a bright 'baby blue'. She loves it (still very good quality) but it's a little bright for me. Delivery does take some time getting out of China.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Why don't you let your wife have a new cover and you keep the black? Otherwise for a man the purple is very nice, hubby has that, I have the persimmon.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #9
kim1406
Connoisseur
kim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchforkkim1406 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: kindle paperwhite
I got a nice cheap black cover from Ebay with closing magnet. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PU-Leather-F...item20cd305eb9
kim1406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Black since Paperwhite casing is black. I like it when the cover blends seamlessly with the device. Makes it as if the cover is built into the device.
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #11
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I have this cover
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I love it. First time I bought something with frame all around as I was always against it but strangely enough it gives me real book feeling. It is very solid, switch on/off works very well. Bulky though but for me it doesn't matter. I wanted navy blue as I'm tired with black. Interior is lighter than picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	case.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	110713  
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #12
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
@Katsunami-
Current link is here. FYI- got the 'teal' blue for my daughter in May...much more of a bright 'baby blue'. She loves it (still very good quality) but it's a little bright for me. Delivery does take some time getting out of China.
Hmz. I didn't find that one.

I ordered this one.

You can select several different types, and selecting "Paperwhite" seems to be the same one as yours. I don't know what "Crazy Horse" means; the brand of the screen protector maybe.

The one with the magnet is actually the (ugly) second version I see.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I would normally go with the neutral colors, like black, ink blue or saddle tan, but I was STRONGLY URGED to live dangerously, think outside the box and get a real color. So I got the Royal Purple. Yeh I know. It's still a pretty subdued color but a somewhat bold step for me.

BABY STEPS PEOPLE. I'm trying.

I really like the purple. Glad I was pushed.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I would normally go with the neutral colors, like black, ink blue or saddle tan, but I was STRONGLY URGED to live dangerously, think outside the box and get a real color. So I got the Royal Purple. Yeh I know. It's still a pretty subdued color but a somewhat bold step for me.

BABY STEPS PEOPLE. I'm trying.

I really like the purple. Glad I was pushed.
Next case: hot pink!!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #15
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
First I got the ink blue and I used that up until last month. Now I've got the fruscia.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote