Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
rustic_
Weirdo Nerd
rustic_ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Exclamation HELP!! Keyboard Missing!

Okay. My Sony PRS-T1 is totally useless when I have to type in the name of a book or text.

Anyways, my Sony used to be rooted, but then I unrooted it thinking that everything was okay. Well, as the title states, I find out that the keyboard is missing.

I tried hard resetting my Sony to factory settings also, but the keyboard still doesn't show up. Is there anything else that I can try because I desperately need the keyboard.
rustic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
lisper
lisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-bookslisper has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
you could boot into recovery mode but if you are not experienced in linux it will be quite hard to do anything.

turn it off completely.
press the home and settings button at the same time (and keep pressed) while turning on.

connect usb cable to computer.
connect using a terminal program (i use minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0 in linux, I don't know how to do it in windows)

then you can mount the partition and try to fix, what is broken.
perhaps some apk files are missing or maybe only the rights need to be fixed with chmod.
lisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert